ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: audio technica m3 in ears  (Read 2530 times)

Bob Kidd

audio technica m3 in ears
« on: August 06, 2015, 12:50:17 PM »

Have a chance to get rack of 4 audio technica M3 in ears and wanted to know if anyone has used them aand your opinion? Like new for around 1500. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:00:58 PM by Bob Kidd »

Rich O'Hanlon

Re: audio techa m3 in ears
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 01:10:17 PM »

Have a chance to get rack of 4 audio techa M3 in ears and wanted to know if anyone has used them aand your opinion? Like new for around 1500. Thanks!

The M3's are essentially the exact same as the M2 Wireless IEM's, which I've owned for about 4 years and they've been terrific. It's a stereo IEM package, which is what you want. Q. What does that $ 1500 get you? Surely not 4 wireless transmitters and wireless belt pack receivers? That's upwards of $5k worth of gear new. If used and in good condition, I'd be thinking $3,000 would be a good deal for that configuration. Interested to hear how this unfolds for you.     

BTW ... If you do buy this gear I'd recommend ditching the M3 ear buds immediately. They were pretty much throw away ear buds that Audio-Technica packaged with the transmitter and receiver to get you started, but keeping the price down. I've replaced mine with a mix of expensive Westone UM3X buds and inexpensive Shure SE12's and I'm happy with both. 

Bob Kidd

Re: audio techa m3 in ears
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 02:56:34 PM »

The M3's are essentially the exact same as the M2 Wireless IEM's, which I've owned for about 4 years and they've been terrific. It's a stereo IEM package, which is what you want. Q. What does that $ 1500 get you? Surely not 4 wireless transmitters and wireless belt pack receivers? That's upwards of $5k worth of gear new. If used and in good condition, I'd be thinking $3,000 would be a good deal for that configuration. Interested to hear how this unfolds for you.     

BTW ... If you do buy this gear I'd recommend ditching the M3 ear buds immediately. They were pretty much throw away ear buds that Audio-Technica packaged with the transmitter and receiver to get you started, but keeping the price down. I've replaced mine with a mix of expensive Westone UM3X buds and inexpensive Shure SE12's and I'm happy with both.

Seems like a good deal but most of my gigs are for venue that we do multiple bands. So not sure how muchuse they wwould get. If I did same band all the time maybe.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:23:06 PM by Bob Kidd »

Jeff Foster

Re: audio technica m3 in ears
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 03:23:37 PM »

That price isn't out the realm of possibility for a used system, but that screenshot throws up a bunch of red flags to me.  Since they can be found for around $700 new (or less if you really haggle), that is still $2800 for four sets, plus the cost of a rack case ($50).  Yet these are being advertised for just over half that ($1500) for all four plus the case?  Something is very fishy.
Jeff Foster
Freelance system designer/installer

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 03:32:32 PM »

That price isn't out the realm of possibility for a used system, but that screenshot throws up a bunch of red flags to me.  Since they can be found for around $700 new (or less if you really haggle), that is still $2800 for four sets, plus the cost of a rack case ($50).  Yet these are being advertised for just over half that ($1500) for all four plus the case?  Something is very fishy.

Agreed.  Make sure that they are in frequency bands that are legal in your country.  In USA, they should be in L or M and not in E or F.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 03:42:53 PM »

Agreed.  Make sure that they are in frequency bands that are legal in your country.  In USA, they should be in L or M and not in E or F.

Its being sold by a guy we know who's band plays at our venue occasionally.

John Chiara

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 12:12:35 AM »

Its being sold by a guy we know who's band plays at our venue occasionally.

I compared them to Mipro 808's and the AT's seemed almost line of sight dependent while the Mipro operated fine from a concrete hallway with a closed steel fire door.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 12:12:35 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 24 queries.