ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Si Expression USB card as a I/O for Smaart?  (Read 2748 times)

ScottCameron

Si Expression USB card as a I/O for Smaart?
« on: September 23, 2015, 11:06:16 PM »

I was looking at purchasing an I/O when I came across a video of an individual using his X32 as the interface.  Seeing how I have the Si Expression seems more realistic to buy the expansion card (madi/usb combo) than a separate I/O.  However I'm not sure if this option is feasible.  I'm looking for some input on the subject.  Anyone with some relative experience willing offer feedback is appreciated. thanks.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Re: Si Expression USB card as a I/O for Smaart?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 08:58:30 AM »

I've not done it with Soundcraft and USB, but I've seen it done with other consoles with computer IO like Dante very successfully. Seems like a reasonable plan to me.

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 11:23:32 PM »

I was looking at purchasing an I/O when I came across a video of an individual using his X32 as the interface.  Seeing how I have the Si Expression seems more realistic to buy the expansion card (madi/usb combo) than a separate I/O.  However I'm not sure if this option is feasible.  I'm looking for some input on the subject.  Anyone with some relative experience willing offer feedback is appreciated. thanks.
As long as you have an ASIO or Coreaudio driver to bridge the gap between Smaart and the console, it should work fine.  Here's a posting I did a while ago on using the MADI interface of a console for a measurement interface in Smaart:
http://www.rationalacoustics.com/forums/showthread.php?6616-setting-up-Smaart-with-digital-console

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 11:23:32 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.