ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Extended audio cabling run for stadium  (Read 10112 times)

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
Re: Extended audio cabling run for stadium
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 11:37:22 PM »

John;
Yup, already spec'd the 8412 for the haul and it's being driven by a very low impedance driver based on a THAT1646 (own design).  It should make the trip very well.
Thanks for the input!
Isn't 8412 a rubber stage microphone cable for portable use?  It doesn't pull through conduit very well and doesn't like sitting in moisture for long times.
I don't remember my Belden numbers but there is equivalent installation cable with proper jacketing and without all the braiding and water-soaking organic fibers -and considerably cheaper.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2015, 06:36:35 AM »

Isn't 8412 a rubber stage microphone cable for portable use?  It doesn't pull through conduit very well and doesn't like sitting in moisture for long times.
I don't remember my Belden numbers but there is equivalent installation cable with proper jacketing and without all the braiding and water-soaking organic fibers -and considerably cheaper.

Here is a Belden reference (linked).  Look at the bottom of the second page for the water blocked cables.
http://www.belden.com/docs/upload/PB502_Analog_Audio_Snake_Cables.pdf

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Jim Richards

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 09:53:31 AM »

Here is a Belden reference (linked).  Look at the bottom of the second page for the water blocked cables.
http://www.belden.com/docs/upload/PB502_Analog_Audio_Snake_Cables.pdf

Lee

Thanks Lee & Craig.  I hadn't even thought about the possible jacketing issue.  I'll have to pull the spool of 8412 and see how quick I can get the 1814WB or 9451WB.
Thanks again for the catch!  It'll save the client (and me) some grief down the line.
"When push comes to shove, I want to be at the top of the ramp"

Jim "Bruce" Richards Sr.
RME Audio Video Inc.

Jeffrey Knorr - JRKLabs.com

• JRKLabs.com
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 10:57:25 AM »

I've got an install in an outdoor sports stadium that has 2 distinct 'sides' to it with bleacher seats.  My plan is to put a main rack in the pressbox with the the head-end equipment (west side bleachers) and another remote wall rack in an electrical room on the other side of the field for the amps and remote power controller for the opposite side bleachers (east side).  The previous install had a pair of CE1000's driving 650' of #10THW from the pressbox for the east side speakers...until the field was converted to turf and the excavators 'removed' the conduit and wiring with a backhoe.

My question is the audio feed for the east side.  I'm looking for opinions on the best way to get the audio out there.  The total run will be around 1100-1200' and right now, there's no cabling run or preconceived notions as to how to do it.  I'm just looking for some opinions of what would work the best.  I'm planning on doing a separate control cable run for the remote sequencer and monitoring.

Thanks for any input.

It sounds like this has already been taken care of but my route would be fiber to the remote side, media converter/switch, into something like an Ashly NXP amplifier.  That would give you multi-channel Dante audio, full DSP processing, and monitoring/remote power control over one cable and only two rack devices (switch and amp) at the far end.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 10:57:25 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.