ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Meyer Constellation effectiveness  (Read 9884 times)

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: Meyer Constellation effectiveness
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 06:02:09 PM »

Constellation is used for a different purpose in the restaurants - there, it is essentially a fancy sound masking system. The idea is that if you make the restaurant totally dead acoustically it will be too quiet and a table will overhear conversation from the next table over. No acoustic treatment and the restaurant will get too loud very fast. Constellation allows you to start with a totally dead room and play around getting the exact amount of reverberation you want to make sound from the next table over unintelligible while setting a limit on how loud the space gets.

I understand this.  That's why I wanted to hear from someone with large(re) venue experience.

Thanks,
Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 06:22:14 PM »

Lee,
Are you a Meyer dealer? Have you spoke with them? If your getting good reviews about it working well in smaller spaces. With this product I'm pretty sure Meyer has their hand in most if not all of them.

T

Yes we are but Constellation was brought up by the client as a secondary idea and they have not yet requested a design for it. 
I am seeking experienced users input because I wanted the opinions of users who have been utilizing Constellation on an ongoing basis. 
I personally have been very impressed with it in my limited exposure but believe that it will not perform the function that this client expects in their current space without significant sound treatment of the room first.  The replies from others with some experience with the system would seem to support this.

Thanks,
Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Robert Healey

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 10:51:56 AM »

I understand this.  That's why I wanted to hear from someone with large(re) venue experience.

Thanks,
Lee

We have designed a couple of them in performance spaces and Ivan is spot on - you need to start out with an unnaturally dead room otherwise you are wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 11:16:04 AM »

We have designed a couple of them in performance spaces and Ivan is spot on - you need to start out with an unnaturally dead room otherwise you are wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Thank you.
This has been my experience in the distant past with LARES and others but I wanted to hear it from a current user installer.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 11:16:04 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 4.991 seconds with 18 queries.