ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: are these prices for real?  (Read 6857 times)

JohnGeorge

are these prices for real?
« on: August 01, 2015, 05:54:22 PM »

im not sure if im supposed to post this but when i saw this i was quite amazed. so if this is not supposed to be here then please delete this.

so my questions are -
1. are these prices real?
2. i think that these prices are from the manufacturer to the dealer and excludes the shipping charges, import duties and taxes. right?

note= this info is available online.
also this was not meant to harm or put down any particular brand. info is available for all brands and models that are being imported by that country.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: are these prices for real?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 06:24:24 PM »

so my questions are -
1. are these prices real?
2. i think that these prices are from the manufacturer to the dealer and excludes the shipping charges, import duties and taxes. right?

Try enlarging the chart before you take a screen shot so someone can read it. I couldn't tell you anything about that chart because it is unreadable.

Mac

JohnGeorge

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 06:34:04 PM »

Try enlarging the chart before you take a screen shot so someone can read it. I couldn't tell you anything about that chart because it is unreadable.

Mac

dear mac,

you just need to press cltr + scroll up.
right after posting that was the first thing i checked and im able to see it after doing the above.
if you're still not able to see it then please let me know (this applies to anyone else who is not able to see it) i'll reupload it.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 07:07:13 PM »

you just need to press cltr + scroll up.
right after posting that was the first thing i checked and im able to see it after doing the above.
if you're still not able to see it then please let me know (this applies to anyone else who is not able to see it) i'll reupload it.

Nope. The best bet when post in forums is make your attachment readable without further intervention. Or include a link to the actual data.

Mac

JohnGeorge

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 04:57:45 AM »

Nope. The best bet when post in forums is make your attachment readable without further intervention. Or include a link to the actual data.

Mac

sure, not a problem. here it is -
https://www.zauba.com/shipment_search

enter any brand or model no under product description. if that model or brand was imported then you'll get the details.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 02:37:29 PM »

Mac

I right clicked over image. View image and it came out large enough to read.

Douglas R. Allen

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 03:51:24 PM »

That is a confidential price sheet from JBL.  But someone did a very amateur job of 'whiting out' the prices and wrote in their own.  Which are nowhere near actual dealer cost.  This seems like a scam.  Someone is probably going to sell you a box of bricks at those prices.

JohnGeorge

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 06:45:26 PM »

That is a confidential price sheet from JBL.  But someone did a very amateur job of 'whiting out' the prices and wrote in their own.  Which are nowhere near actual dealer cost.  This seems like a scam.  Someone is probably going to sell you a box of bricks at those prices.

hey scott, no one gave me the price sheet.
i entered model/brands for a cpl of products on the above mentioned website and i was the one the edited the pic since i wasn't sure at first if something like this is supposed to be posted or not.
the reason i didn't white out every thing is because i wanted you'll to see that something is written there.

now talking about this website - it has all the details of good imported by India (so pricing is in INR and you need to convert that to the currency you would like). and when i looked further i was able to find more sites that gave details (for different shipping ports around the world, some are free sites & some paid) and the pricing is similar but largely depends on the quantity you order (some exceptions to brand/models - as some stay the same regardless of quantity and can change with time).

so, i doubt these prices are wrong and i also doubt i can buy products at that price since they are what the dealer/distributor buys them for. but yes, with info like this ppl can certainly bargain. unfortunately, i cant since there are no dealers/distributors in my country i can go to. over the phone or by email i haven't had any positive outcome while bargaining and usually end up paying 25-50% more + shipping than the prices in US

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »

hey scott, no one gave me the price sheet.
i entered model/brands for a cpl of products on the above mentioned website and i was the one the edited the pic since i wasn't sure at first if something like this is supposed to be posted or not.
the reason i didn't white out every thing is because i wanted you'll to see that something is written there.

now talking about this website - it has all the details of good imported by India (so pricing is in INR and you need to convert that to the currency you would like). and when i looked further i was able to find more sites that gave details (for different shipping ports around the world, some are free sites & some paid) and the pricing is similar but largely depends on the quantity you order (some exceptions to brand/models - as some stay the same regardless of quantity and can change with time).

so, i doubt these prices are wrong and i also doubt i can buy products at that price since they are what the dealer/distributor buys them for. but yes, with info like this ppl can certainly bargain. unfortunately, i cant since there are no dealers/distributors in my country i can go to. over the phone or by email i haven't had any positive outcome while bargaining and usually end up paying 25-50% more + shipping than the prices in US

Well I can promise you the prices on the sheet are far less than US dealer cost.  Maybe this is what they claim on their customs declaration to save money.  I don't know.  But I'm a dealer and I paid a whole lot more than that for a STX828 last time I ordered them.

JohnGeorge

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 07:11:21 PM »

Well I can promise you the prices on the sheet are far less than US dealer cost.  Maybe this is what they claim on their customs declaration to save money.  I don't know.  But I'm a dealer and I paid a whole lot more than that for a STX828 last time I ordered them.

oh yes, the reduced cost on receipt to save on duty/tax was on my mind. but, i doubt most brands would agree and some wouldn't give that to all their dealers.

on the above mentioned website, when you enter a model number you can see that they have entered through different ports so assuming that they are for different dealers with very similar pricing.

and after checking on multiple sites, i some how think that they are correct. but also keeping in mind the additional cost the dealer incurs for shipping, tax, overhead cost etc. but, i could be wrong.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 10:52:43 PM »

Declared value for the purposes of calculating import duties and tariffs, methinks.  This is probably the "net" price to the importing distributor after any discounts.

Additional costs that must be added to that price by the distributor are the shipping; duties/fees/bribes; warehousing & inventory costs; warranty and after-sales support; marketing and representation; insurance.  There are probably more that I've missed.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 11:01:16 PM »

Declared value for the purposes of calculating import duties and tariffs, methinks.  This is probably the "net" price to the importing distributor after any discounts.

Additional costs that must be added to that price by the distributor are the shipping; duties/fees/bribes; warehousing & inventory costs; warranty and after-sales support; marketing and representation; insurance.  There are probably more that I've missed.

It could also include less than arms length transactions, where the profit hasn't been added on yet.

Unless then op wants to buy a container full looking at container pricing is academic.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 11:01:16 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.