ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Highly reverberant setting coverage recommendations?  (Read 11068 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Highly reverberant setting coverage recommendations?
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2015, 12:15:18 AM »

Got the Cat 9 inside joke......more chance of a terrorist attack bringing it down than an ordered demolition.  I am not in the business of acoustic room design and this was FREE although likely poor assistance to these people in this setting.  Regarding the attitude it was precipitated by earlier encounters and an unnecessary pomposity demostrated to newbie posters. Again I withdraw from this repeated pompous attitude.  Learning from trial and error will be less painful and I will endeavor to do so in the future.  Thanks to those that really tried.

Have fun in the Land of Fire.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:17:45 AM by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2015, 12:58:48 AM »

Got the Cat 9 inside joke......more chance of a terrorist attack bringing it down than an ordered demolition.  I am not in the business of acoustic room design and this was FREE although likely poor assistance to these people in this setting.  Regarding the attitude it was precipitated by earlier encounters and an unnecessary pomposity demostrated to newbie posters. Again I withdraw from this repeated pompous attitude.  Learning from trial and error will be less painful and I will endeavor to do so in the future.  Thanks to those that really tried.

Hi Nicholas,

I know you feel that I was one of those who was portraying a pompous attitude towards you and your question. I reviewed my post, and I still don't read that in my post; rather just helping steer you towards great results. What I said before still stands; maybe there is someone close to you who can help you out, if you were to post your location?

Beyond that… if there's too much reverberation in the room, maybe remove some of the speakers in there now? You will be doing your client a great service by explaining to them that buying more speakers will NOT solve the problem, most likely. In fact, removing some of your speakers might provide a great improvement. Could you share with us what gear you have in there now?

Thanks,

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

David Allred

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2015, 07:52:29 AM »

Nicolas,  It is hard to believe that in 5 pages of posts that no one has asked and you have not offered what the budget is that won't allow acoustic treatment.  I'll ask, "What is the budget?". 
Here is my take.  If the budget is $10,000.00, put half of it into treatment.  A $5000 system in a treated room will sound 1000% better than $10,000 system in your nightmare room.  Adding treatment is labor intensive, and perhaps is a reason that you say there is no money for it.
Forget about the speaker system, for now.  Put 50 people, 100 people, 200 people, etc in that room for a sit down dinner and the sound will be deafening just from the conversations.  Now add the speakers with music for an event.  The noise floor will be incredible.  One that your budget probably can't overcome, in terms of just shear volume required.  You are in a complex predicament, and your reputation is on the line with this client.  Make sure they understand, fully, the limitations of their request.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2015, 09:46:01 AM »

I get the impression that the "no acoustic treatment possible" requirement is because somebody (or more likely, some committee) has decided that speakers will be used to solve any and all problems and that acoustic treatment will NOT be part of the plan.

Also it appears that there is a volume problem created by the operators and/or performers.

There is no centrally-located speaker system that will make this situation any better.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2015, 09:46:01 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.