ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL 3 problem and question  (Read 3195 times)

Predrag Blagojevic

Yamaha CL 3 problem and question
« on: July 27, 2015, 11:29:35 AM »

Had an short audio dropout with CL3. You can hear it in attachment. WARNING : do not listen it on headphones or at loud volumes. I was using one rio 3224 with it. This dropout actually happened at moment while I was adjusting boost on Puletc eq that was inserted on stereo bus. Dont know if it had anything to do with it, but it happened at exact same moment as i turned knob to adjust boost on low frequency.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/o2ywgk

I also have question. Is it possible to use one rio 3224 with two ethernet cables for redundacy. I have tried to set the cl and rio to redundant mode and cl restart just wont happen(it should happen in 30 seconds) but it takes forever.
Thank you.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: Yamaha CL 3 problem and question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 11:43:53 AM »

I also have question. Is it possible to use one rio 3224 with two ethernet cables for redundacy. I have tried to set the cl and rio to redundant mode and cl restart just wont happen(it should happen in 30 seconds) but it takes forever.
Thank you.

Did you connect both primary and redundant networks through their own dedicated switches or through two independent VLAN's on a single switch or did you try to directly connect console primary to RiO primary and console secondary to RiO secondary?
I do not believe that the redundant configuration will function when directly connected (I could be wrong, I have never tried it, only used switches).

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 11:56:31 AM »

Did you connect both primary and redundant networks through their own dedicated switches or through two independent VLAN's on a single switch or did you try to directly connect console primary to RiO primary and console secondary to RiO secondary?
I do not believe that the redundant configuration will function when directly connected (I could be wrong, I have never tried it, only used switches).

Lee

A direct connection works fine if the system is one CL and one Rio. Primary goes to primary and secondary goes to secondary. You do have to reset the mode of both the console and the Rio to Redundant rather than Daisy Chain. On the Rio this is a dip switch setting on the front panel, on the CL it is in the Setup menu.

If it is not starting up at least one of the two devices is probably still set for the default Daisy Chain mode. If you initialize the console it will reset to the default Daisy Chain mode.

Mac

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 01:51:23 PM »

A direct connection works fine if the system is one CL and one Rio. Primary goes to primary and secondary goes to secondary. You do have to reset the mode of both the console and the Rio to Redundant rather than Daisy Chain. On the Rio this is a dip switch setting on the front panel, on the CL it is in the Setup menu.

If it is not starting up at least one of the two devices is probably still set for the default Daisy Chain mode. If you initialize the console it will reset to the default Daisy Chain mode.

Mac

Thanks Mac for the update. 
I figured you'd be one of the first to correct me if I was incorrect.  Just never tried a direct connection, only through switches.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Predrag Blagojevic

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 06:34:28 PM »

Thanks. So I need to set cl to redundant mode and let it restart itself. Then set rio to redundant  mode via dip switch and restart it so  that both devices accept the mode change?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 06:53:06 PM »

Thanks. So I need to set cl to redundant mode and let it restart itself. Then set rio to redundant  mode via dip switch and restart it so  that both devices accept the mode change?

Turn off the Rio and then reset the dip switches for redundant mode. Set the console to redundant mode. Turn the Rio back on. Viola!

Switch 4 should be down for redundant mode, and switch 7 should be down for normal operations.

Mac
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:00:40 PM by Mac Kerr »

Thomas Le

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 12:47:26 PM »

Yamaha has a video on the RIO setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZ_N0Eu470

Predrag Blagojevic

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 02:40:05 PM »

Thank you... :D

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 02:40:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.