ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Equipment Rental/Tracking Software recommendations?  (Read 6998 times)

Brian Bolly

• Baltimore/Amsterdam
Re: Equipment Rental/Tracking Software recommendations?
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 03:45:15 pm »

Have you tried their older rental desk software? I purchased it and I'm not pleased either.

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about it?  I pulled down the demo last week, and while I'm just scratching the surface it seems to be pretty functional for a small company.

Adam Dumbacher

• Bluewood Productions
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 03:47:23 pm »

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about it?  I pulled down the demo last week, and while I'm just scratching the surface it seems to be pretty functional for a small company.
So far, its been hard to organize gear that is in groups and the way it tries to keep up with included items doesn't work very well. At least I haven't found a good way to make it work. Their support was not very helpful after purchasing to help me get it setup.

Riley Casey

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 03:50:09 pm »

Grow your own.

I've chimed in on previous threads of this flavor to suggest a third way.  Virtually all of my nearby competitors and many other cross rental vendors / customers that use rental and show booking software hate what they wind up with.  They change horses after years of teeth grinding over ( insert software brand here ) and then within months they are grinding down new teeth with the new software aggravations.  Booking software will define how you run your business to a large extent so unless you're good with running it the way the software designer thinks it should be run ( which may in fact be a good thing ) you might consider going to a Filemaker developer that already has a rental database in his or her stable of designs and have it customized for your business.  In the end the cost may not exceed the buy in price of the market specific software plus the first few years subscription.  You would own the Filemaker database and need only spend more when you needed new features - or when your version of Filemaker no longer ran on the newer and better computer you buy years down the road.  Growing your own means no one is back at the ranch testing the new Mac OS 21 version or the Windows 15 version.  Learning a bit of Filemaker programming would allow you to add your own functionality.

Just a thought

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 03:50:09 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 23 queries.