ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Sub Design B&C S18AN & S18CN  (Read 9960 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Help with Sub Design B&C S18AN & S18CN
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 11:34:50 PM »

That tie piece #3 is going to interfere if you put a pole cup in the top of the cabinet.  You either want to make it deeper or put two small ones in parallel.

Or use the 25mm threaded ones. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

JohnGeorge

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 11:57:54 PM »

Thanks Bill, Stephen and Rob.

I think I know the answers to the below 2 question and it may have been already answered. Just need an affirmative from someone more experienced than me for the below -
1. Only the 2 port pieces on each corner behind the baffle need to be exactly as they are?
2.Rest are just braces to make the cabinet stronger and to avoid resonance?

I have a fair idea now after looking at many BR cabinets and how they are internally braced, so I think I now have that covered. (If the above 2 are yes.)

@Rob- yes still on my mind. Just did not get time to visit local stores. Will visit in a cpl of days to see if threaded poles are available.

Bill Hornibrook

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »

That tie piece #3 is going to interfere if you put a pole cup in the top of the cabinet.  You either want to make it deeper or put two small ones in parallel.

I used pole cups and mounted them just to the left and right of the top brace on each sub for a mirrored pair.

And yeah JohnGeorge if you are building this particular cab you don't want to change those port pieces.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.