ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metal Shed Electrocution  (Read 1574 times)

Mike Sokol

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3351
  • Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Metal Shed Electrocution
« on: July 13, 2015, 12:57:13 pm »

Here's why it's important to ground-bond any metal structure including a stage. While I'm not sure of the details of this particular accident, even if you don't have permanent AC power running to it, something as simple as a pinched extension cord can electrify an unbonded structure. I'm going to follow up with the investigator for details.

Mike Sokol

A 14-year-old Georgia girl died Sunday night when she was electrocuted in what officials are calling a tragic accident.

According to a report from News 4 Jax, Kayla White was spending the night with her grandparents, who lived next door from her own home. The report said that White was supposedly electrocuted when she touched a metal shed in between the two homes while walking on wet ground after overnight rains.

Officer Lance Jones with Glynn County Police Department reportedly arrived on scene around 10:45 a.m. on Sunday to find the Glynn County Fire Department trying to save the teenager. Officer Jones is also a certified electrician and was able to make the scene safe after a brief investigation, according to First Coast News.
Logged
Mike Sokol
mike@noshockzone.org
www.NoShockZone.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 


Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.