ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: stage stringer for active front monitors  (Read 7384 times)

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
Re: stage stringer for active front monitors
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 11:56:54 AM »

I have 4 of these, which I use mostly for LED lighting:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1098803-REG/milspec_d19006340_52_5_sjtw_14_3_prpwr_mlti_otlt.html

I have 2 of the 30' version of the same thing. The 5' spacing on the outlets is great. They're only 14ga, which didn't thrill me at first, but they work fine for what I need, and it saves a lot of weight over my 12ga cords of similar design.

I have two 4-quad stringers that I use for stage power, with 4 rubber quad boxes spaced 10' apart. I used OA Windsor boxes for these, just like all my quads, and they're fantastic. I built them last spring, and then I kicked myself for not building them sooner. Those 2 stringers are one of the best investments I've made, actually. Such a time saver vs running quads everywhere.

For powered wedges, I used to use a 50' and 30' 12ga stringer with outlets every 7', but I don't do that much anymore, since I have a bunch of combo cable with power and 2 audio lines. It works much better than plugging everything into a stringer and running individual cables back to the snake. I still have those 2 stringers, but they don't get used much anymore.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 01:59:06 PM »

Try these.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1098803&gclid=CKTXkNW5s8gCFY4WHwod8yoOBQ&is=REG&m=Y&Q=&A=details

Sorry, same as the product above. They also sell other types of strip so look at them all.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:02:42 PM by Bob Leonard »
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

kel mcguire

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 02:25:30 PM »

Markertek has the Milspec AC stuff too. I wish they had a duplex for each instead of single edisons. Otherwise the kludge factor can go up

My typical front line has 4 or 5 monitors , drawing about 2a each. Pedalboards draw very little.

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 02:44:58 PM »

I like the fact that powerCon connectors are a low-profile locking device, and that you can modify the spacing between quad boxes by having different lengths of cord sets.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 08:03:32 PM »

The E-String 23' ones on the B&H site (scroll down in the link above) were what I remembered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 08:03:32 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.