ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Four lab subs enough for small outdoor music festival?  (Read 12163 times)

Spenser Hamilton

Re: Four lab subs enough for small outdoor music festival?
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2015, 10:06:44 AM »

The VR218 is actually a respectable 2x18 reflex box.  Without measurement and only passive observer status, I'd put them a notch under the SRX728.

Subjective Opinion Alert: VR218 is a touch louder than a 728, but cuts off a fair bit higher. The Spec Sheets seem to corroborate this.

Pick your poison.

A good pile of LABs should eat both alive in output and extension.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Bill Hornibrook

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2015, 02:29:51 PM »

I was sort of surprised that Skrillex didn't go lower than 40, and I was really shocked to see Peter Gabriel at 32!

Those old dubstep tracks really didn't go all that low. Now that Skrillex (and everyone else) has moved on from the genre, he's mixing in more and more sub 40 content. Check out his new collaboration with Diplo "Where are U Now" (doing nicely on the charts btw) which has some stuff in the mid 30s.

Speaking as a club DJ, what I've noticed is exactly what you did in those traces: Today's hip-hop is where the really low frequency content resides. That said, I'm good with subs that get to the low 30s - which just about gets it all if they can get there strongly. That 26ish note in "Nasty Freestyle" is kind of a quick thing that pops up infrequently amid a mind numbing low "D" drone (36hz).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2015, 02:29:51 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.