ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: The art of eating EV crow.  (Read 17066 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: The art of eating EV crow.
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2015, 04:44:22 PM »

Jeremy/John,
Thanks for the .02. You're entitled to your opinions just as I am to mine. Fortunately though for the both of you, neither of you lived through an age of frustration with a specific manufacturer, or so it would seem by your posts in response to mine. You might take a look at Scott's post, as he seems to be closest to understanding the point. As for EV, I have never placed them in the same league as a Behringer or equal type cabinet, far from it to say the least. EV makes fine hardware, and EV is a well respected American company. However, not everything EV makes is top of the line, and although I didn't purchase top of the line cabinets I held, and still hold higher expectations than to pull the cabinet out of the box and have the compression driver shit the bed at the first sign of any feedback. Combine this experience with those of the past and similar, if not the same, driver and I'm less than tolerant with EV.

I've spent my audio life buying and using the best hardware available for the job, and I expect that hardware to live up to the manufacturers promise regardless of manufacture. And although these monitors are not top of the line buy any stretch, they are touted as being more than capable for performing the task I have purchased them for. We'll see how this all turns out in the end, but of course I'm prepared now as a pair of EV replacement diaphragms and fishbulbs, that I paid for, just landed on my porch. And in the future guys, don't apologize for your opinions. I'm not thin skinned, and I'll always tell it like it is in my world.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2015, 05:07:21 PM »

Jeremy/John,
<snip> And in the future guys, don't apologize for your opinions. I'm not thin skinned, and I'll always tell it like it is in my world.
It is difficult and with some mixed emotion that when one starts out to disagree with A Legend, that one wants to show as much respect as one can - and this can take on the form of an apology - and tone is very difficult to convey in a post.

And one can be a bit gun-shy as there are some out here in the ether that have overly thin skins.   I appreciate knowing where you stand.  Regardless.

Did I just apologize?  Well, I don't mean to, just showing a bit of empathy.

frank

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2015, 07:57:06 PM »

What fun would the world and this site be if we we're all created using the same cookie cutter. I respect both of those guys Frank and they have opinions like the rest of us. My rant wasn't based on not calling EV, but based on past experiences on this particular type of problem. I've called on EV hundreds of times over the years for other issues, guidance and support, etc.. They've always been pretty good, but when it came to compression driver issues it was like talking to a wall, and this is exactly what I expected this time around as well. It doesn't bother me to find out I was wrong on this point, and it's good to see, that at least to this point, a fix is at hand. Thank you Amy from EV. What really bothers me is that I made Jeremy sick.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2015, 08:16:23 PM »

What fun would the world and this site be if we we're all created using the same cookie cutter. I respect both of those guys Frank and they have opinions like the rest of us. My rant wasn't based on not calling EV, but based on past experiences on this particular type of problem. I've called on EV hundreds of times over the years for other issues, guidance and support, etc.. They've always been pretty good, but when it came to compression driver issues it was like talking to a wall, and this is exactly what I expected this time around as well. It doesn't bother me to find out I was wrong on this point, and it's good to see, that at least to this point, a fix is at hand. Thank you Amy from EV. What really bothers me is that I made Jeremy sick.
The only "issue" I ever had with EV was that they would not let me a factory EV recone station.

I was "factory" for everybody else (it started when I got JBL certified), but after  many attempts, (and no returned messages or mail-this was before the Internet) I just gave up-after a couple of years trying.

Oh well, then I will just put "aftermarket" products in the EV speakers that were sent to me.

Everybody else wanted the correct factory parts to be used in theirs, I guess EV didn't care or want to sell the kits.  It did not stop me from fixing them however

A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jim Rutherford

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2015, 08:43:25 PM »

The best customer is the one who will let you know about your failures.  It up to the manufacturer to listen and improve.  Yes, all manufactures and products will experience problems, but when the pattern continuous, then they are destined to loss their hard earned customer confidence. 

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2015, 09:00:03 PM »

The best customer is the one who will let you know about your failures.  It up to the manufacturer to listen and improve.  Yes, all manufactures and products will experience problems, but when the pattern continuous, then they are destined to loss their hard earned customer confidence.
Everybody has issues from time to time.  In products, and life.

It is what you do about it that matters.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jim Rutherford

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2015, 09:51:43 PM »

Ok, I'll bite.  What is a fishbulb?

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2015, 05:23:56 PM »

Correct. From an old Simpsons episode. Fish bulb is what Bart called Homer after they found out where his picture came from on a Japanese product. The product was a dish washing detergent called "Mr. Sparkle". The fish bulb came about after two Japanese companies merged. The result being what's posted above, or what's used to protect speakers in my book of Boston.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2015, 05:23:56 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.