ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Green Tint on screen  (Read 8055 times)

Tamar Ghobria

Green Tint on screen
« on: June 23, 2015, 02:41:15 PM »

Figured on would piggyback on my previous post about SDI to HDMI splitters..This is an issue right now after running a vga splitter and getting a green tint on my screens...I was going from a macbook pro to the roland vr-50...to a vga splitter...out to 4 tvs...Once I plugged the macbook pro directly into the vga splitter (Bypassing the roland) the green tint went away...I have gotten plenty of feed back and thoughts from others such as: adjust the resolution on the input, change the colorspace settings, swap out cables or look for missing pins on the vga end....This has only been an issue with VGA..I use it with an hdmi splitter with no problems...I would simply not use VGA anymore but there are certain events where clients hand me older laptops which don't have HDMI or display ports

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
Re: Green Tint on screen
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 02:52:47 PM »

What output resolution are you set to when this happens? I have the same video mixer and I haven't seen this problem with mine.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 03:32:23 PM »

What output resolution are you set to when this happens? I have the same video mixer and I haven't seen this problem with mine.

I would have to double check but I think 1080p

Milt Hathaway

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 06:13:17 PM »

I would have to double check but I think 1080p

Then you are getting component video out of that connector, not 'VGA'. On the screen where you select the output resolution the top row is video resolutions (that come out of the 'VGA' connector as component signals) and the bottom row is 'VGA' resolutions. That's why connecting your computer directly to the VGA splitter works correctly, as the computer is putting out the expected format.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 06:23:50 PM »

Then you are getting component video out of that connector, not 'VGA'. On the screen where you select the output resolution the top row is video resolutions (that come out of the 'VGA' connector as component signals) and the bottom row is 'VGA' resolutions. That's why connecting your computer directly to the VGA splitter works correctly, as the computer is putting out the expected format.

Would this cause the output screen to be green? Wouldn't it just not display?

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 10:39:35 PM »

Would this cause the output screen to be green? Wouldn't it just not display?

Yes (it would cause it to output green) , and No (it would not "just not display").  Both VGA and component are analogue.  VGA is outputting an RGB (3 colors) signal while component is looking for Y, Pr, Pb (2 colors, 1 luminance).

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 12:45:31 AM »

Figured on would piggyback on my previous post about SDI to HDMI splitters..This is an issue right now after running a vga splitter and getting a green tint on my screens...I was going from a macbook pro to the roland vr-50...to a vga splitter...out to 4 tvs...Once I plugged the macbook pro directly into the vga splitter (Bypassing the roland) the green tint went away...I have gotten plenty of feed back and thoughts from others such as: adjust the resolution on the input, change the colorspace settings, swap out cables or look for missing pins on the vga end....This has only been an issue with VGA..I use it with an hdmi splitter with no problems...I would simply not use VGA anymore but there are certain events where clients hand me older laptops which don't have HDMI or display ports

You are seeing "sync on green" of the analog RGB component video out.  See if there's a way to configure the HD15 connector to have separate horz/vert sync as used with VGA.

John R.
ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

Milt Hathaway

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 07:20:28 AM »

See if there's a way to configure the HD15 connector to have separate horz/vert sync as used with VGA.

As I mentioned, there is. Choose the correct type of output resolution. There are video resolution choices (1080p, etc.) that cause the unit to output YPbPr component signal and VESA resolution choices (1024/768, etc.) that cause the unit to output RGBHV signal.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 03:38:51 PM »

As I mentioned, there is. Choose the correct type of output resolution. There are video resolution choices (1080p, etc.) that cause the unit to output YPbPr component signal and VESA resolution choices (1024/768, etc.) that cause the unit to output RGBHV signal.

Thanks changing the resolution did the trick

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 03:38:51 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.