ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nexo RS15 vs RS18 / Practicality vs Wow Factor  (Read 3880 times)

Pietro Mineo

Nexo RS15 vs RS18 / Practicality vs Wow Factor
« on: June 29, 2015, 07:55:42 PM »

Hi guys, I run a busy band and looking at upgrading my subs. I have the opportunity to purchase either sub at really good prices but I can't make my mind up which to go for but they'll be playing under PS15 R2s. Venues wise they can vary massively, from say a 200 cap to 500+++; obviously from the 1000 cap mark we hire in. Repertoire varies from Motown to dubstep.

But then there're the issues of weight and size of the RS18, are they worth the trade off and if I change my mind after purchase how easy are they to shift?

Thanks in advance guys!

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
Real names are required to participate here
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 01:18:47 AM »

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Thanks,
Craig
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Nexo RS15 vs RS18 / Practicality vs Wow Factor
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 07:02:29 AM »

What is a "good price"?
Have you considered the Danley TH118?
Good output and low frequency extension,scaleable  and easy to move.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »

Hi guys, I run a busy band and looking at upgrading my subs. I have the opportunity to purchase either sub at really good prices but I can't make my mind up which to go for but they'll be playing under PS15 R2s. Venues wise they can vary massively, from say a 200 cap to 500+++; obviously from the 1000 cap mark we hire in. Repertoire varies from Motown to dubstep.

But then there're the issues of weight and size of the RS18, are they worth the trade off and if I change my mind after purchase how easy are they to shift?

Thanks in advance guys!
If you are running 1 PS15 a side depending on your style of music a RS15 (assuming per PS15)is going to have plenty of gas to keep up with your tops. The RS18s are amazing but they are quite a bit larger cost twice as much but are definitely worth it if you need the output.  We have road cases designed the same size a the RS15 we put 2 PS 15 in them with stands and stack 2 RS15 on top with a cover and a ratchet strap and it is a awesome package easy to load in and out in a compact package (relatively speaking).
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 26 queries.