ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet another LS9 connection Problem-Surface Pro3  (Read 7702 times)

Nick Gibson

Yet another LS9 connection Problem-Surface Pro3
« on: June 23, 2015, 01:00:58 PM »

Trying to connect an LS9 with my MS Surface Pro 3 laptop. Direct connection via ethernet thru a USB/Ethernet adapter on the Surface Pro.
I can ping the LS9 successfully in a command prompt, but can't get it to be detected in the DME driver.
No midi ports show up in the Studio Manager MIDI tab.
Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:44:44 PM by Nick Gibson »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Yet another LS9 connection Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 01:08:44 PM »

Trying to connect an LS9 with my MS Surface Pro 3 laptop. Direct connection via ethernet thru a USB/Ethernet adapter on the Surface Pro.
I can ping the LS9 successfully in a command prompt, but can't get it to be detected in the DME driver.
Any suggestions?

Blocked by Windows Firewall.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Nick Gibson

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 01:42:32 PM »

Blocked by Windows Firewall.
Thanks for the suggestion, but windows firewall is off.

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 01:50:30 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, but windows firewall is off.
Are you sure you're searching through the correct IP range in the Network Driver app? We run ours in a non-stock configuration and sometimes after a board reset, I forget to change the IP settings back to where they were. DME network driver won't find it.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Yet another LS9 connection Problem-Surface Pro3
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 04:52:26 PM »

Are you using a crossover cable, and are the network addresses in the same network with the correct mask.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 04:54:02 PM »

Any suggestions?

Hi Nick,

When I open the DME Network Driver from Control Panel I see a list of the three LS9s that I've worked with (using my current PC) If you don't see your LS9 listed, you can enter the correct IP address for the LS9 and it should load the LS9 MAC address in the panel. You've probably already done that, but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it. Bob's comment about a board reset is a good thing to check as well... that one's caught me before! :-)

Best regards,
Bob Charest

Nick Gibson

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 09:12:30 PM »

Are you sure you're searching through the correct IP range in the Network Driver app? We run ours in a non-stock configuration and sometimes after a board reset, I forget to change the IP settings back to where they were. DME network driver won't find it.

Thanks - I've manually set the IP address on the LS9, so I was sure to match it correctly when entering it in= DME.

Nick Gibson

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 09:16:52 PM »

Are you using a crossover cable, and are the network addresses in the same network with the correct mask.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Not using a crossover cable. I assume that if I can ping the LS9, then the PC and LS9 must be able to communicate, unless it is more complicated than that... and it may be, I don't know.

Also, which network addresses (plural) and masks are you referring to? DME and the LS9 match - where else should I look?

Nick Gibson

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 09:20:30 PM »

Hi Nick,

When I open the DME Network Driver from Control Panel I see a list of the three LS9s that I've worked with (using my current PC) If you don't see your LS9 listed, you can enter the correct IP address for the LS9 and it should load the LS9 MAC address in the panel. You've probably already done that, but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it. Bob's comment about a board reset is a good thing to check as well... that one's caught me before! :-)

Best regards,
Bob Charest

Thanks for the suggestion: board was freshly initialized, then I manually set the IP configs
(IP 192.168.100.128, SUbnet 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.100.1)
Entered the correct addresses manually in DME, also tried to search for the LS9, but no love.

John L Nobile

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 11:10:25 PM »

Could it not be compatible with OS 8? Or could it be that your OS version? Home versus pro? You are able to ping it so you have the right numbers.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 11:10:25 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.