ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF NX24A column/line arrays  (Read 8732 times)

john sanders

• Eastern Long Island, N.Y.
    • Sonimax Light & Sound
RCF NX24A column/line arrays
« on: June 20, 2015, 07:23:19 PM »

Just a very quick follow up regarding the RCFNXL24A's I first mentioned in response to posts on the DJ forum: Superlative boxes well superior in my opinion to  to a 2 way 15 inch or a double 12 box. The sound is natural, has greater throw and has impressive dynamic response .
I used these at a recent Latino street festival with many compliments as to the sound quality and the impressive distance at which they could be heard. I can lift these cabinets quite easily as they're nicely balance and only 60 lbs. and the fact that they can be tripod mounted is a real plus. I did use QSC  subs with these and crossed the high pass frequencies at 100hz.; alone they put out considerable low end. Frequency response as claimed by RCF is 65hz to 20khz +/- 3db and a maximum output volume of 131 db. Lastly, these new boxes have given me a renewed level of excitement towards providing quality audio to my many customers.

Any further information can be found on RCF's website.

This is my initial experience with the RCF brand and with the obvious quality of their output devices I can certainly understand the reason Mackie used RCF components in their earlier pa boxes.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: RCF NX24A column/line arrays
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 02:14:22 PM »

Just a very quick follow up regarding the RCFNXL24A's I first mentioned in response to posts on the DJ forum: Superlative boxes well superior in my opinion to  to a 2 way 15 inch or a double 12 box. The sound is natural, has greater throw and has impressive dynamic response .
I used these at a recent Latino street festival with many compliments as to the sound quality and the impressive distance at which they could be heard. I can lift these cabinets quite easily as they're nicely balance and only 60 lbs. and the fact that they can be tripod mounted is a real plus. I did use QSC  subs with these and crossed the high pass frequencies at 100hz.; alone they put out considerable low end. Frequency response as claimed by RCF is 65hz to 20khz +/- 3db and a maximum output volume of 131 db. Lastly, these new boxes have given me a renewed level of excitement towards providing quality audio to my many customers.

Any further information can be found on RCF's website.

This is my initial experience with the RCF brand and with the obvious quality of their output devices I can certainly understand the reason Mackie used RCF components in their earlier pa boxes.

John, thanks for your hands-on report.

How does the tonality change as you move horizontally off axis?  The polar plots from RCF http://www.rcf.it/en_US/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=fc0d775e-a0e4-4787-829f-7ca631590e76&groupId=216492 are what makes me ask.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

john sanders

• Sonimax Light & Sound
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 07:04:07 PM »

John, thanks for your hands-on report.

How does the tonality change as you move horizontally off axis?  The polar plots from RCF http://www.rcf.it/en_US/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=fc0d775e-a0e4-4787-829f-7ca631590e76&groupId=216492 are what makes me ask.

Yes, that's a consideration I should have included: The tonality as well as output seem imperceptible as you move off axis; and I appreciate your kind words.

Rick Alan

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 07:22:31 PM »

imperceptible

Imperceptible is what these boxes are.  Every time I use them they just give and give.  Stack them and WOW.

john sanders

• Sonimax Light & Sound
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 10:00:41 AM »

Imperceptible is what these boxes are.  Every time I use them they just give and give.  Stack them and WOW.

Rick, the specs only show a 3db increase in output when stacking these???? I'm still curious however regarding your enthusiastic claim of performance.

Rick Alan

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 08:06:46 PM »

With them stack they get louder.  Thats all I know. 

Rick, the specs only show a 3db increase in output when stacking these???? I'm still curious however regarding your enthusiastic claim of performance.

Brook Hovland

• DiA Events
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 12:06:32 AM »

We have six of them in our rental inventory and have sold several as well. Never disappointing, they look good and sound better than any speaker on a stick that I have tried!
I mixed a show from side stage with two per side stacked and used one as a reference monitor the other day...  had a bit of fun and added a double 18 under the console as well  :D. (standing in front of channels 1 - 12 was right in the horn)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-d8i94nkD73s/VaWSxS9slyI/AAAAAAAABSA/uZxrgfe9qM8/s1600/Josephine%2BCrossings%2BQ%2BWedge.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_NCzYHH6JGI/VaWSzUqYOtI/AAAAAAAABSI/hyyjXNSEbzw/s1600/Josephine%2BCrossings.jpg

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 09:30:40 PM »

Okay, John, Brook and Rick-

At roughly US$2,300 each, what sets this column apart from other similarly priced powered speakers?

Also did any current NX24A users audition or use JBL's CBT series?

Thanks, guys.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Rick Alan

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 10:09:58 PM »

Okay, John, Brook and Rick-

At roughly US$2,300 each, what sets this column apart from other similarly priced powered speakers?

Also did any current NX24A users audition or use JBL's CBT series?

Thanks, guys.

For me it came down to sound quality and versatility. They sound amazing and clear. Versatility I can use one or two per side. For corporate I have used 2 per side in large ballroom of 800 seating at dinner tables. They provided clear sound to the back with out breaking a sweat with little sight line blockage. For live sound I have done hall style hard rock with one a side with no problem.  Did youth worship for church event with 2 a side in a gym and ran out of subs with 2 RCF sub 8004 a side with the NXL24 not working hard. We turned them up to soft clip just to see how much gas we had left and it was at 6db and it was painfully loud.

Plus you have the option to fly, pole mount and stack.

What are you looking at in this price range?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 10:09:58 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.