ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Sabine Navigator Firmware  (Read 18372 times)

Craig Smith

Sabine Navigator Firmware
« on: June 18, 2015, 10:24:54 PM »

I just got out my Sabine Navigator that's been boxed up for many years.  I wanted to update the firmware and found that Sabine no longer exists.  On ClearOne's website they have the firmware download, but it's a really old version, not the latest version Sabine had when they were bought out last year.  Does anyone out there have newer firmware for these?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Sabine Navigator Firmware
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 12:39:05 PM »

I just got out my Sabine Navigator that's been boxed up for many years.  I wanted to update the firmware and found that Sabine no longer exists.  On ClearOne's website they have the firmware download, but it's a really old version, not the latest version Sabine had when they were bought out last year.  Does anyone out there have newer firmware for these?

Yikes.
I have firmware 6.27

I was just getting ready to load the navigator tool on my rebuilt laptop so I could tweek some configurations. I have a NAV480 in my amp rack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 08:05:11 PM »

Be very cautious of obtaining firmware from 3rd party sources and not the manufacturer.  A corroupt file can brick a device during the flashing of firmware.

Craig Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 01:39:59 PM »

I have an email into the new company but no response yet.  I wonder if Xilica firmware would work.  A bit risky probably but I think the hardware is identical; you might just lose the feedback elimination piece.

At any rate, I did find a copy of version 6.30, dated 2010.

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 02:58:18 PM »

I have an email into the new company but no response yet.  I wonder if Xilica firmware would work.  A bit risky probably but I think the hardware is identical; you might just lose the feedback elimination piece.

At any rate, I did find a copy of version 6.30, dated 2010.

Loss of the FBX would be fine. Where did you find 6.3?
I like the off line tool for it. The visual for patching is nice.

I need a copy of the off line tool to rebuild my XP laptop.

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Craig Smith

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 10:28:37 AM »

Loss of the FBX would be fine. Where did you find 6.3?
I like the off line tool for it. The visual for patching is nice.

I need a copy of the off line tool to rebuild my XP laptop.
I actually found 6.3 on an old laptop, although I still thought I had downloaded a newer one sometime but can't find anything else.

I heard back from both clearone and xilica.  Clearone sent what they said is the latest, although the file just says 0600 so I hope it's not 6.00.  I'll have to test and see what version it is.  Xilica also said they will send me the latest they had sent to Sabine.  I don't know if they did all the work for Sabine or if Sabine further modified it.  Really impressed with their support!

Yes, when I bought it I compared the Driverack 260 and the Navigator, and the interface was so far superior to the Driverack's.  I think I have the software in a format you can install, but I'll try it on my other machine first.  Clearone has the interface for the Graphi-Q on their website but not the Navigator, but if need be perhaps they have it somewhere as well.

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 03:21:46 PM »

I actually found 6.3 on an old laptop, although I still thought I had downloaded a newer one sometime but can't find anything else.

I heard back from both clearone and xilica.  Clearone sent what they said is the latest, although the file just says 0600 so I hope it's not 6.00.  I'll have to test and see what version it is.  Xilica also said they will send me the latest they had sent to Sabine.  I don't know if they did all the work for Sabine or if Sabine further modified it.  Really impressed with their support!

Yes, when I bought it I compared the Driverack 260 and the Navigator, and the interface was so far superior to the Driverack's.  I think I have the software in a format you can install, but I'll try it on my other machine first.  Clearone has the interface for the Graphi-Q on their website but not the Navigator, but if need be perhaps they have it somewhere as well.

Thanks. I have an .exe file on my file server that might be the editor installer?
Let me know if you find one. The laptop is all rebuilt and waiting.

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 08:46:49 PM »

Curious... what happened to Sabine?
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Rob Spence

• Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 11:19:22 PM »

Curious... what happened to Sabine?
See post #1

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 05:37:32 AM »

Thanks. I have an .exe file on my file server that might be the editor installer?
Let me know if you find one. The laptop is all rebuilt and waiting.

Rob, Ive got Nav Installer 6.50 if you still need it...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 05:37:32 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.