ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you guys use for a FoH facade?  (Read 6572 times)

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
Re: What do you guys use for a FoH facade?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 08:29:45 PM »

In addition to 36" tall pipe and drape, you can get clip-on table skirting (just like hotel conference centers use). You can get different size clips for different thickness of table tops. Unlike plain tablecloths, you can move the skirting and stuff cables between the edge of the table and the skirting.  Note that 36" pipe and drape will be a few inches taller than most table heights. With pipe and drape, you can mask cases and other gear that isn't under your table. Rental might be an option for you; you can get an appropriate color of drape for your event. (White for weddings, etc.)
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 08:35:46 PM »

Rental might be an option for you; you can get an appropriate color of drape for your event. (White for weddings, etc.)

At the same time, if this is something that you can provide (read: charge for) as a value added service ("You can get this from one place!"), then 3-4 uses and it's paid for. Typically, 3' P&D runs $3-$5/linear foot, and the purchase cost there isn't more then a few hundred bucks.

And then, once it's paid for, cheddar in the bank.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 09:29:49 PM »

At the same time, if this is something that you can provide (read: charge for) as a value added service ("You can get this from one place!"), then 3-4 uses and it's paid for. Typically, 3' P&D runs $3-$5/linear foot, and the purchase cost there isn't more then a few hundred bucks.

And then, once it's paid for, cheddar in the bank.

-Ray

Yep. I have a small assortment of pipe and drape in a couple of heights and a few colors. Red, white, and blue panels can be threaded onto 10' pipe and now you are ready for 4th of July or a political rally.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 12:39:33 AM »

Sean,

Check out below...

Innovative-Systems (this is what we use at my job: 4'-7' uprights, 3'-5' crossbars, and lightweight baseplates)

Drape Kings (lots of options; you can even rent to try it out)

Georgia Expo (not as durable)

Here's a pic I took of a typical setup:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:50:24 AM by Jordan Wolf »
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 01:37:25 AM »

Sean,

Check out below...

Innovative-Systems (this is what we use at my job: 4'-7' uprights, 3'-5' crossbars, and lightweight baseplates)

Drape Kings (lots of options; you can even rent to try it out)

Georgia Expo (not as durable)

Here's a pic I took of a typical setup:
That could be control at any convention cent in Las Vegas.
I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>

John L Nobile

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 08:14:01 AM »

I use table skirting that the hotel has. It matches all the other tables in the room. The in-house AV company uses short black pipe and drape. The skirting seems to blend in better but doesn't look as "techy".

Sean Schult

• FlashFire Productions
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 03:34:45 PM »

Thanks guys. I already provide my own tables, and black tablecloth/skirting. Just looking for the pipe&drape to surround it. I didn't expect it to be this expensive -- looks like the components to do it will be about $900 which is about 3x my budget. The adjustable height is a great feature, I think 4' high would be about perfect to see over yet hide the stuff on the tables.
FlashFire Productions

recardo john

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 05:03:48 PM »

Thanks guys. I already provide my own tables, and black tablecloth/skirting. Just looking for the pipe&drape to surround it. I didn't expect it to be this expensive -- looks like the components to do it will be about $900 which is about 3x my budget. The adjustable height is a great feature, I think 4' high would be about perfect to see over yet hide the stuff on the tables.

Check out Rose Brand, you can pick up a pipe a drape system for less than $200.00

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »

If the cost of getting 4' drape panels (3' are standard) is a factor, you could order 8' drape panels and cut them in half. (Hemming the cut edges, of course.)  All the drape I've seen has a pole pocket on both the upper and lower portion of the drape panal. You would only need to buy half as many panels that way.  Any height loss due to hems could be addressed by the height adjustment on the uprights.

For that matter, you could cut down regular non-adjustable uprights to the right height (4', or whatever.)  Fixed height uprights are typically less expensive than adjustable ones. It might be a little "ghetto", but might help your budget.  Mark "Mr. Cheap" C.

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 03:56:29 AM »

http://www.drapekings.com/drape/drape-solutions/tabletop-dj-booth/

Drape King has pins that clamp to your table. Buy 8' high Banjo cloth and cut in half and sew new hems like was mentioned. Should get you in under $250 total.
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 03:56:29 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 25 queries.