ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do I place my eq's  (Read 11789 times)

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
Re: Where do I place my eq's
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2015, 10:45:47 AM »

I'm sure glad nobody cares about my spelling lol.

I think the band knew what they wanted, it was what was on the rider that screwed things up.

I'm guessing their manager created the rider and not the band members. When it came down to it, they didnt need 4 wedges with 4 separate mixes, they just needed 4 wedges. Which makes me even more disgusted because I could have gotten by with just one eq, and i also didnt need to run independant speaker wires to each wedge, could have left the other rack in the van....... So much work that wasnt needed.

Well at least I got paid, could have saved the customer some money had I known what was really needed
You got an incorrect Tech Rider? Welcome to the world of live sound. I've never understood the difficulty in figuring out what you need, and communicating that accurately with the technical staff. It seems so simple, yet so many get it wrong.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2015, 01:33:08 PM »

I think that at the lounge level people read the internet, pick up bits and pieces, and often make up the rest for themselves trying to appear varsity.  Then they write things on riders (often some of their first experiences with such things) that they don't really understand or have the need for.  As an old boss used to say;  "Those of you that think you know what you are doing greatly amuse those of us who do."  Like the festival I mentioned earlier with bunches of performers who'd never played on a stage up in the air before and had all kinds of wild ideas of what it would be like.

Most of the festivals I've played around the Bay Area are provided by Raul.  So I typically just give the organizers an input list and have another printed out for whoever's working that day.  I've called him to verify backline a couple of times.  Whatever he brings to the show is going to be at least as good and typically better than what we normally use so it's silly to try and write down all kinds of requirements.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2015, 01:33:08 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.