ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LEIXEN I77 - RF frequency sniffer - you can't be without it for this price  (Read 13417 times)

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com

LEIXEN

Hey Pete,

Does the tone TX work to open the squelch on UHF-R and/or BTR systems, or is it strictly for PLMR radios?

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio

I purchased something very similar and it only worked with walkie talkies.
Couldn't get reliable frequency reading on wireless mic transmitters.

low power is issue.  1W up easy, not so with 10mW.  Occasionally it does work.  Radio freq and pl tone is great though.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Jerome Malsack

With the 10 mw  I had them sitting one foot apart from each other and the device did not detect.  I know I also had one transmitter found in a church that was in the 700 band and it was not picked up.  Again that was most likely running around the 10 mw. 

Yes I did inform the church leaders of the problem with 700 mhz and recommended disconnect now and replace. 

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA

With the 10 mw  I had them sitting one foot apart from each other and the device did not detect.  I know I also had one transmitter found in a church that was in the 700 band and it was not picked up.  Again that was most likely running around the 10 mw. 

Yes I did inform the church leaders of the problem with 700 mhz and recommended disconnect now and replace.
It's cheaper to replace several 700 MHz radios than it is to pay the fine for one of them.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage

Should have recommended disconnect 3 years ago (or was it longer?)

OTOH, has anyone heard of anyone actually getting fined for operating 700MHz wireless mics?
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio

Should have recommended disconnect 3 years ago (or was it longer?)

OTOH, has anyone heard of anyone actually getting fined for operating 700MHz wireless mics?

Couple of years ago in Vegas, Verizon complained about a 700 user in their newly purchased band.  Not only was the venue fined for each of the 10+ mics but the FCC agent sprayed the RX black with paint to prevent further use.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.