ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: New Allen & Heath: dLive Series  (Read 48589 times)

Aram Piligian

New Allen & Heath: dLive Series
« on: June 10, 2015, 08:09:58 AM »

Woke up this morning to see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X_UDQPmq0c

Product homepage: http://dlive.allen-heath.com

I personally don't have experience using consoles at this level (yet!), but it looks pretty cool.  At first glance, it seems like there's a nice balance of touchscreen vs. encoder use, and I like the location/resolution of the metering at every channel.

Hopefully they smooth out the touchscreen scrolling, though.  Based on the video, it looks a little choppy, and that's just one of those things that drives you nuts.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:30:54 AM by Aram Piligian »

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
Re: New Allen & Heath: dLive Series
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 08:47:39 AM »

Have they released the price points?

Its probably not a console that I would buy to use with my set-up (I'm dreaming of a Rack Mount console with 64 input channels of processing).
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Simon Lewis

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 09:02:46 AM »

One of the press releases said, "Prices range from $22,500 for a small dLive venue solution to approximately $35,000 for a large touring system"

Michael J Palmer

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 04:26:52 PM »

One of the press releases said, "Prices range from $22,500 for a small dLive venue solution to approximately $35,000 for a large touring system"

Matt, we have that, its in the iLive series, you can just get an iDR-64 Mix Rack and control the whole thing with your MAC/PC and iPad... thats a very powerful setup
VP Sales Allen & Heath USA

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 04:38:17 PM »

Matt, we have that, its in the iLive series, you can just get an iDR-64 Mix Rack and control the whole thing with your MAC/PC and iPad... thats a very powerful setup

If you are responding to Matt, why did you quote Simon? Use the quote button in the post you are responding to.

Mac

Michael Elphinstone

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 04:52:11 PM »

Looks great, but as an iLive owner I now suspect my desk is now entering the dreaded "end of life" :(

Kim Guibord

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »

Looks great, but as an iLive owner I now suspect my desk is now entering the dreaded "end of life" :(
That is why I sold my ilive system.

Peter Morris

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 07:33:25 PM »

Woke up this morning to see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X_UDQPmq0c

Product homepage: http://dlive.allen-heath.com

I personally don't have experience using consoles at this level (yet!), but it looks pretty cool.  At first glance, it seems like there's a nice balance of touchscreen vs. encoder use, and I like the location/resolution of the metering at every channel.

Hopefully they smooth out the touchscreen scrolling, though.  Based on the video, it looks a little choppy, and that's just one of those things that drives you nuts.

Yes it’s very cool – it looks great, feels great, quick and intuitive to use, probably the best UI I have seen on any digital desk. The touch screen has very smooth scrolling.

It has HUGE DSP power; think in terms of being more powerful than a Midas XL8 and more than twice that of an iLive.

d-Live - 96KHz, 128 in, 64 out, 64 GEQs, 16 EFX

XL8 - 96KHz, 112 in, 51 out, 51 GEQs, 16 EFX

This is a very serious Pro desk from Allen Heath at a respectable price.  I don’t think anything comes close in its price bracket.

@ Michael – Allen & Heath will be continuing support for the iLive, they are a great company that does look after its customers. The d-Live runs Giga-ACE, but you will be able to fit an ACE card to the d-Live and run your iLive for monitors … but in terms of performance it leaves my iLive and Midas Pro2 for dead. 

Michael J Palmer

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 12:34:36 AM »

Peter, Yes, we will have a "Letter Box Adaptor" that will allow you to install a standard ACE card into one of the 5 card slots and do a digital split to an existing iLive, in fact you can do the digital split via any of the current I/O card setups.

Your iLive will still need its own mix rack, as that system is native to the iLive surface and the new DM series racks are native to the new S series surfaces, but you can digitally split between desks (64 channels to an iLive)

If you have (2) dLive systems, then you will be able to share the 128 channels between systems with digital gain tracking (in a future firmware) we will have a 128 Channel Giga-Ace card, which will also allow 2 surfaces on 1 DM rack provided you don't go over the chancel count (so effectively you could have 2 x 64 channel systems off 1 mix rack) however just keep in mind there is still One scene memory for the rack.

We will have more in-depth case studies and system examples as this product nears its go live date to the public which will be late August/Sept, until then we will be in a pretty extensive Beta with multiple users before it goes out public.
 The system is capable of a total of 848 x848 with the new 128 channel option cards (5 of them!)
VP Sales Allen & Heath USA

Mark Rombouts

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 03:55:31 AM »

Is the expansion I/O of Dlive compatible with DSnake of the cheaper GLD/Qu range ?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 03:55:31 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 24 queries.