ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Patchbay question  (Read 1601 times)

Chad knutson

Patchbay question
« on: September 01, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »

So what I am wanting to do is run all my pa outs from one spot so I don't have to dig around in the back of my rack when I want to plug something in. For example, right now I'm running my mains out to my crossover and then to my powered speakers, so I have to get in the back of the rack to plug them in. Could I use a patchbay so I can plug everything in the front, or is there something else that would be better for that? Thanks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Patchbay question
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:56:13 PM »

So what I am wanting to do is run all my pa outs from one spot so I don't have to dig around in the back of my rack when I want to plug something in. For example, right now I'm running my mains out to my crossover and then to my powered speakers, so I have to get in the back of the rack to plug them in. Could I use a patchbay so I can plug everything in the front, or is there something else that would be better for that? Thanks

Yes.

This patch bay replicates the outputs of the 4 amplifiers in the rack, provides 4 connections to the gigabit switch in the back of the rack and provides 2 channels of signal input and through-output.

I don't have a pic of the back wiring, but the the NL4 connector break out into banana plug lines, the Ethercon connectors to CAT5e, and the XLR are... XLR, although they could as easily been 1/4" TRS if that was what we needed inside.

This panel, combined with the AC inlet and NL8 speaker output connectors (wired for our VerTec rig) on another panel, mean that the back of the rack is only opened to configure it for a non-standard use or because something failed and needs to be patched around.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:02:15 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Patchbay question
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:56:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.