ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Paging system backup power  (Read 4909 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Paging system backup power
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 11:15:11 AM »

To answer one of your questions, yes, they make UPS units with a large input and several output circuits. APC has the Symmetra series and they have much larger ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:17:18 AM by Rob Spence »
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 01:56:12 PM »

Looking at this from an event safety perspective, you need to evacuate the park if there is a power shortage longer than a couple of minutes.  There is nothing for your patrons to do - no rides, shows, concessions.  There is significant opportunity for patron and staff injury or possibly deaths while there is no power, or upon resuming service.

I strongly suggest that before anyone decides how long this needs to run and how to power it that a safety study be done to determine the actual needs this system is to meet.  I submit that upon study this system will fall under life safety requirements and your managers will wish they'd never opened this door.

My Digital Crystal Ball (with outdoor antenna)® says your employer will be spending mid-to-high six figures to make this life safety compliant.  That's neither good nor bad, simply what it is.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 01:56:12 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.