ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 90's must have been a heck of a setup back then.  (Read 7916 times)

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: 90's must have been a heck of a setup back then.
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 11:44:10 AM »

Hey Doug, what was the size of the rig you toured with, and tell us more about the 100lb movable horn assembly please.

16+8 per side, Crest 9000 power, PM4K and a Soundcraft Series FIVE.   Omnidrive DSP.

The movable HF assembly is easy to pivot, just unlock it, move it and it locks itself in place. 

The best setups put the LF sections of adjacent rows together.   

Slide the rigging bars in and out of the frame; same with the wheel bar assembly.  They needed some lube from time to time.

Somewhere out west, before I decided to leave the 3-wide bumpers made, I watched a stagehand break a grade 8 bolt.   I didn't think it was possible.  Loadout completed, but departure was delayed waiting for a torch. Unbelievable. 
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Glen Kelley

• El Paso, TX
    • The University of Texas at El Paso
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 12:19:38 PM »

We've had them get poured on in monsoon type rain and Had a stack fall into a moat. They work very well in wet environments and just keep going.

I was on that show and took the blame for the floating speaker, unless that happened more than once! Vince never did let me live it down. My position is that I was on monitors, and shouldn't have to babysit FOH speakers at all. LOL  ;D

I believe that box still worked after it dried out, but it required several replacement drivers pretty soon after. The water in that moat is quite silty, and it was impossible to get all the fine grit out.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 12:42:09 PM »

I was on that show and took the blame for the floating speaker, unless that happened more than once! Vince never did let me live it down. My position is that I was on monitors, and shouldn't have to babysit FOH speakers at all. LOL  ;D

I believe that box still worked after it dried out, but it required several replacement drivers pretty soon after. The water in that moat is quite silty, and it was impossible to get all the fine grit out.

From what I remember it only needed a HF diaphragm. Eveything else worked.

It did take a chain motor to pull it out of the mud though!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

John Bailey Jr.

• Marketplace
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 09:42:54 PM »

16+8 per side, Crest 9000 power, PM4K and a Soundcraft Series FIVE.   Omnidrive DSP.

The movable HF assembly is easy to pivot, just unlock it, move it and it locks itself in place. 

The best setups put the LF sections of adjacent rows together.   

Slide the rigging bars in and out of the frame; same with the wheel bar assembly.  They needed some lube from time to time.

Somewhere out west, before I decided to leave the 3-wide bumpers made, I watched a stagehand break a grade 8 bolt.   I didn't think it was possible.  Loadout completed, but departure was delayed waiting for a torch. Unbelievable.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 09:42:54 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 26 queries.