ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless headsets, a few questions  (Read 1585 times)

Brewster Holmes

• Brewtserholmes.com
Wireless headsets, a few questions
« on: March 24, 2011, 10:17:02 pm »

Greetings sound people,  I am a weekend warrior.  I usually do sound for bands but I landed a gig doing sound for a adult theater troupe for adults with special needs.  We have 4 wireless headsets we are using.  Here are some of the challenges I am facing.  Would love to get any tidbits of advice.

1) I only have the gain up a tiny bit and I get feedback when someone else talks loud near the mic.  All of the actors have special needs and most talk very quietly or mumble. 

2) I have one actress who is soft spoken but when I turn up her wireless mic I hear her breathing very loud.  Is this something that I can fix by positioning the mic in a different location or by adjusting levels? (I have tried a few locations but I think she breathes through her mouth and not her nose)

The mic is a shure PG185, by the way the show is tomorrow.  Thanks for the help!

Luke Robinson

• audio gods
Re: Wireless headsets, a few questions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 11:54:08 pm »

Are you using a wind screen on the mic that's picking up the breathing? That should help.

Other than that you just have to make due, in this situation it's hard to tell the actors to speak up. Good EQing will help the feed back but cannot work miracles when someone is speaking too softly.

Good luck

Brewster Holmes

• Brewtserholmes.com
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 04:01:42 am »

Are you using a wind screen on the mic that's picking up the breathing? That should help.

Other than that you just have to make due, in this situation it's hard to tell the actors to speak up. Good EQing will help the feed back but cannot work miracles when someone is speaking too softly.

Good luck

I have been using windscreens,  I don't want to use one that is TOO big because it is a performance and they are on stage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 04:01:42 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.