ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Porta-Potty Service Panel  (Read 3243 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Porta-Potty Service Panel
« on: May 21, 2015, 09:50:45 AM »

Just when you think you've seen it all, here's an AC service panel mounted inside of a Porta Potty. And there's no metal cover on the electrical panel, so when you open the Porta-Potty door the energized components are exposed. Hate to pee in there in the dark.  :o

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Porta-Potty Service Panel
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 08:44:35 PM »

Just when you think you've seen it all, here's an AC service panel mounted inside of a Porta Potty. And there's no metal cover on the electrical panel, so when you open the Porta-Potty door the energized components are exposed. Hate to pee in there in the dark.  :o
It could be that they don't have a good ground there----------------------

It would encourage people to pee on the ground wire to get a better connection.

I know of military "electrical houses" that would encourage the guys to go pee on the ground wire outside to help the connection to the earth.

NAH-I doubt that is the reason
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

John Fruits

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 10:32:40 AM »

There is the old joke about the little old lady who called the phone company because sometimes her phone didn't ring, and sometimes her dog would start howling and moaning and then the phone would ring.  Turns out there was a bad ground connection and the dog was chained up to the ground post. Sometimes when the phone rang the dog would get shocked and start pissing, completing the ground.
So the moral of the story is that sometimes pissing and moaning DOES get the job done.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 02:38:17 AM »

That AC service panel inside the Porta Potty is just a shitty install if I do say so myself!  ;D
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 02:38:17 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.