ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with Turbosound Flex  (Read 30678 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Need help with Turbosound Flex
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2015, 08:19:50 pm »

It's been fascinating to watch this play out.  Uli communicated his vision but the team can't execute

I know, right? It's amazing that someone could be in this position and still not get it.

While I respect your view, allow me to correct a misconception: I neither own a plane nor a yacht etc. and I am also not sure how the mountain bike I usually ride to work in Manila would help speed up the delivery of the parts that are now on the water.

While I completely agree that the delay to these spare parts is unacceptable, we have tried to explain the root causes. Our Care team is now holding a post-mortem meeting to ensure we can avoid such incidences in the future.

At the same I also need to stand up for our Care teams as they are truly going out of their way to serve our customers, which includes offering help on weekends and off hours.

Warm regards

Uli

ooOoo you ride a BIKE! WOW!

But really, who freaking cares that you don't have a corporate jet? Shit, you could have packed the parts into luggage and flown one of your team on BA from the (UK?) plant to Australia, and maybe FIXED THE PROBLEM. Sometimes you have to spend extra money to right a wrong and take care of one of your customers.

Uli, Have you answered Steve's request for a dedicated support line for your pro users?

Have you called Mr. Morris and apologized to him for the delay? (I am sure you can get his number easily.)

Has your "Care team" held their "post-mortem" meeting? What results did that deliver? What changes will we see?

… clearly, gonna stick with my Yamaha boards and Harman speakers/amps. If you are unwilling to help out one of your larger clients, I know damn well you won't give two rats asses about me.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2015, 09:14:29 pm »

I know, right? It's amazing that someone could be in this position and still not get it.

ooOoo you ride a BIKE! WOW!

But really, who freaking cares that you don't have a corporate jet? Shit, you could have packed the parts into luggage and flown one of your team on BA from the (UK?) plant to Australia, and maybe FIXED THE PROBLEM. Sometimes you have to spend extra money to right a wrong and take care of one of your customers.

Uli, Have you answered Steve's request for a dedicated support line for your pro users?

Have you called Mr. Morris and apologized to him for the delay? (I am sure you can get his number easily.)

Has your "Care team" held their "post-mortem" meeting? What results did that deliver? What changes will we see?

… clearly, gonna stick with my Yamaha boards and Harman speakers/amps. If you are unwilling to help out one of your larger clients, I know damn well you won't give two rats asses about me.

-Ray

IMHO you can't mix a retail and a pro business.  Look at Dell and HP.  The business units are completely separate with different metrics.  From Uli's writiing he doesn't get you earn a living from this gear. 

WRT the folks returning your calls or emails over the weekend.  Geez, give them a gold star and a purple jelly bean.  Last time I had an issue with a data center Cisco Switch the engineer obtained the part we needed and drive it to the airport for counter to counter air service.  Of course BTW Uli is not John Chambers.  John Chambers also has a jet, which when you deliver service like that you deserve.  Nobody cares what you charge if you deliver the goods (at least not the people that matter) and they certainly won't begrudge you earning a good living too.  The humility of pointing out you ride a mountain bike to work might be a selling point to the guy at the music shop it doesn't mean squat to a guy trying to provide for a tour or a major corporate event and he has to go out and buy more gear because his product he bought from you is waiting on parts for a friggin' year.

Let's say that's 50,000 worth of gear that could have earned 20k in the time it was down.  How do you compensate for that loss?  Not with reps glad handling your customers. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Darren Scaresbrook

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • Concert Systems Australia
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2015, 02:33:27 am »

There is a total lack of understanding of the differences between the consumer and professional markets!

Peter Morris

« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2015, 02:10:28 am »

Well … I eventually got the parts, not without further MG problems, but never the less they arrived just in time; 5PM on the day before an 8:30am load-in on the 4th of December.

This time a few people adopted the old Turbo business model and made it happen … and to those people in the UK and Australia, THANK YOU sooo much, it was truly appreciated.

Uli does however need to take a close look at how he manages the Pro sector of the market; what he is doing if he wants to remain in this sector does not work.

Since the parts arrived I have done 4 gigs with the Flex wides.  The boxes have been sounding absolutely fantastic.  I have developed some new FIR settings that sound better than factory settings that I worked on – as I have only had a reasonable number of wides for just over a week,  it’s still work in progress.

We have had a couple of windy days (40 km/hr) and I have been amassed that it did not seem to have any effect of on the sound.
 Not usual for a line-array  :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 02:18:43 am by Peter Morris »

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2015, 08:30:13 pm »

Peter, I am so glad you finally got your rig up and running like you needed. 
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

ProSoundWeb Community

Β« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2015, 08:30:13 pm Β»

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.