ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Who buys TC Group?  (Read 28046 times)

John Chiara

Re: Yamaha buys TC Group?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2015, 09:29:14 PM »

I don't see any real hyperbole in Bob's post. 
Perhaps you could explain what parts of the post are actually hyperbolic.

Lee

From what I know, no one is working for a bowl of rice. Chinese labor costs have increased and Uli has learned how to manufacture in that environment, with years of experience of what not to do.
Does the German Gov't hate Uli for moving offshore years ago? Not sure what the tax situation is.
I for one, paid all kind of dues, and have a warehouse full of old American made gear that isn't worth crap. That said, I mix almost every show I do on my iPad-X32 combo and could NOT WORK without that price point/feature set. I guess that makes me an experienced unethical bottom feeder!😇

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2015, 10:08:40 PM »

Too true.  I'm a proud non-MG sound company.

Maybe someone will create a "I'm a proud non-MG sound company" stamp to put on all the quotes you send out.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 10:50:57 PM »

From what I know, no one is working for a bowl of rice. Chinese labor costs have increased and Uli has learned how to manufacture in that environment, with years of experience of what not to do.
Does the German Gov't hate Uli for moving offshore years ago? Not sure what the tax situation is.
I for one, paid all kind of dues, and have a warehouse full of old American made gear that isn't worth crap. That said, I mix almost every show I do on my iPad-X32 combo and could NOT WORK without that price point/feature set. I guess that makes me an experienced unethical bottom feeder!😇

No one that I saw mentioned tax situations, moving offshore, etc. as regards the issues they have with Behringer.  Also, I didn't see anyone question the ethics of individuals here on PSW, only those of Behringer. 
When you build a business by copying the intellectual property and the designs of others and then try to go legit by buying respected businesses there will be people who remember who you really are, at least for awhile, and choose not only to not do business with you but also to tell others about who you really are. 

Lee

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:43:04 AM by Lee Buckalew »
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 11:18:25 PM »

No one that I saw mentioned tax situations, moving offshore, etc. as regards the issues they have with Behringer.  Also, I didn't see anyone question the ethics of individuals here on PSW, only those of Behringer. 
When you build a business by copying the intellectual property and the designs of others (and you are barred from selling those products in some countries because of this) and then try to go legit by buying respected businesses there will be people who remember who you really are, at least for awhile, and choose not only to not do business with you but also to tell others about who you really are. 

Lee

Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Tim Halligan

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 11:53:20 PM »

Does anybody else remember when Harmon were the bad guys?

Like MG, they bought up many companies in an effort to vertically integrate...and killed some of those acquisitions along the way...

Remember AMEK/TAC?

Cheers,
Tim
An analogue brain in a digital world.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2015, 11:56:14 PM »

Does anybody else remember when Harmon were the bad guys?

Like MG, they bought up many companies in an effort to vertically integrate...and killed some of those acquisitions along the way...

Remember AMEK/TAC?

Cheers,
Tim

It was a mercy killing...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Chiara

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 12:45:12 AM »

When you build a business by copying the intellectual property and the designs of others (and you are barred from selling those products in some countries because of this) and then try to go legit by buying respected businesses there will be people who remember who you really are, at least for awhile, and choose not only to not do business with you but also to tell others about who you really are. 

I was mentioning taxes as a part of the context that results in companies moving operations off shore. Many U.S. Companies...for example...are buying Canadian companies for the tax advantages. Someone mentioned Chinese manufacturing as a red flag by which to consider a companies products, and many more companies are moving manufacturing overseas..and it seems that MG has a better handle on that than most. I understand the problems many of us have with Behringer's history....just not sure it is a current concern in today's market. We can all choose for ourselves.

Lyle Williams

Re: Who buys TC Group?
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 02:12:24 AM »

Because the first mass produced car was made by Ford, all cars should continue to be made by Ford.

Uli Behringer

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2015, 02:44:51 AM »

Lee

Dear Lee,

Thank you for your comment.

I have tried to stay clear of this discussion, but since you addressed me directly, I would like to also engage with you directly.

I understand that people have their opinions and preferences and I do respect that. I also understand that some people don’t like me or our company, and chose not to buy our products which I respect, too.

However it gets a little tricky, when accusations are made that are simply untrue as this is called libel. In this spirit would you mind telling me which Intellectual Property we have violated and which products we have been allegedly barred from selling and in which countries?

I like to thank all people here who comment in a measured and professional way; I am more than happy to reply to any questions in a factual and honest way. Perhaps this could result in a meaningful discussion.

Warm regards

Uli

Uli Behringer
MUSIC Group
CEO
www.music-group.com
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:46:58 AM by Uli Behringer »
Uli Behringer
Music
Founder
www.music-group.com

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2015, 03:34:06 AM »

Uli has moved up from cloning to owning.

Up next: Clowning.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2015, 03:34:06 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.