ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Who buys TC Group?  (Read 28045 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Who buys TC Group?
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2015, 01:12:50 PM »

So the thread title is now "Who buys TC Group".

I think it's lovely that Roger Daltry and Pete Townsend have found a new enterprise....

/satire

Better than "Yamaha buys TC Group" which is misleading and has nothing to do with the thread that developed. And I wish Roger and Pete all the best.

Mac

Does this mean we can summarize Bob's post as: "Won't Get Fooled Again?"

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2015, 01:46:11 PM »

A glowing example would be a Radial DI that I purchased this week for a specific purpose. Your products never entered into the purchasing process along with several other budget priced DI's. I spent $800 on the Radial because of the quality, because of the Jensen transformers, because I had support, because of their design and unique features, and because I perceive the name Radial to be a manufacturer of professional level quality product that won't let me down....

Bob, FWIW the ProD8 (what I think you bought) uses Radial's Eclispse transformers, not the original Jensens, and the design predates the acquisition of Jensen.  Still a good DI, but it's essentially 8 channels of Radial's mid-tier ProDI. To get 8 channels of the old-school Jensen transformers from Radial you need to rack mount 8 JDIs in a J-Rak, at about 3X the cost of a ProD8.  Even the JD6 uses Radial's transfomers. 

Its quite possibly all of Radial's transformers are now manufactured by Jensen, but the ProDI transformer doesn't have the same linear frequency range as the legacy Jensen design used in the JDIs.

I carry three channels or ProDI for keyboards, they work fine. I save the JDI's for other instruments.  I have bunch of Radial interface gear for the studio and live gigs, absolutely love their gear.  Had a few 1/4 nuts get lost over the the years, called support and they said, 'oh sorry', and shipped me parts and some other spares for free the next day,...
Mark McFarlane

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2015, 01:53:06 PM »

Warm regards

Uli

Uli Behringer
MUSIC Group
CEO
www.music-group.com

Uli, thanks for dropping in. I like many others gave up on Behringer years ago, not due to perceived business practices but due to product quality (multiple product failures within a year).

Times have changed.

I added an X-32 rack to my inventory a year ago and have really enjoyed using it for rehearsals and for occasional gigs where I can't get enough FOH space or the space/setup it is impractical.  Keep up the good work, I wish you the best. 
Mark McFarlane

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Yamaha buys TC Group?
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2015, 02:30:45 PM »

(cut)
Warm regards

Uli

Uli Behringer
MUSIC Group
CEO
www.music-group.com

Mr. Behringer,

I too appreciate your dropping in and participating in the forums here. I think it shows a great deal towards your company's newer commitment to customer satisfaction when, from the top on down, Music Group staff are willing to be super accessible by the community. I have seen several of your Customer Care staff chiming in on specific needs/problems that members on here have had, and from what I have seen, it appears that they have gone to extraordinary lengths to deliver excellent service.

I have not had the opportunity or need to avail myself of these services (The only Behringer products I own are a pair of ADA8000s; not because of any attitude towards MG but simply because I have not found myself needing any other products from you! Although I keep hearing good things about the DCX2496...) but I do own a couple of TurboSound TXD-151s so perhaps I will have the chance in the future.

Again, my thanks for your proactive participation on here, SFN, and the other ways your team is showing (with their actions) that Music Group values their customers more so now then has been noticed in the past.

-Ray Aberle
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2015, 05:05:42 PM »

Bob, FWIW the ProD8 (what I think you bought) uses Radial's Eclispse transformers, not the original Jensens, and the design predates the acquisition of Jensen.  Still a good DI, but it's essentially 8 channels of Radial's mid-tier ProDI. To get 8 channels of the old-school Jensen transformers from Radial you need to rack mount 8 JDIs in a J-Rak, at about 3X the cost of a ProD8.  Even the JD6 uses Radial's transfomers. 

Its quite possibly all of Radial's transformers are now manufactured by Jensen, but the ProDI transformer doesn't have the same linear frequency range as the legacy Jensen design used in the JDIs.

I carry three channels or ProDI for keyboards, they work fine. I save the JDI's for other instruments.  I have bunch of Radial interface gear for the studio and live gigs, absolutely love their gear.  Had a few 1/4 nuts get lost over the the years, called support and they said, 'oh sorry', and shipped me parts and some other spares for free the next day,...

I actually called support after reading that Radial had bought Jensen and asked that very question. It seems that at one point supply and demand kept Radial from using Jensen transformers, even in the "J" series DI's. Move forward and Radial buys Jensen, purchases and installs new Swiss winding machines, and supposedly now uses Jensen transformers in everything, even though some may not say Jensen on them. Well, I'm confused now, but I really don't care knowing that whatever they do, whatever they use, will be of the type quality we expect from Radial. And I'll say again, those smoking hot 8 channels from the Roland module have been tamed, and in the best way. Thanks for the added info though, more food for thought.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Lyle Williams

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2015, 06:14:44 PM »

The world is changing.  The design skills embodied in companies and products of the analogue era need to transition into a digital era.  In the vendor-managed-architecture digital future that is ahead of us, only the largest companies will thrive.  So much will be integrated that even superior wrapped-in-yet-another-box solutions will be rejected by most of the market as too hard and too inflexible.  A boxed solution needs its own power and rackspace.  It needs its own patching.  A boxed solution can only ever be one instance of itself.  A boxed solution has limited insert points where it can operate.  Algorithms running on a generalised processing platform are freed from these limitations.  Want the function of the old box in a dozen locations?  Click-twist-click-click.  Done.

Imagine what the audio world will look like in 15-20 years.  Imagine what pathways exist to get there, and what battles for resources must be fought to get there.  Remember that many technologies will also die over this period as parts stop being manufactured.

If we lift our gaze from next-year's product lineup to next decade's lineup the movements and actions of companies becomes clearer.  Companies that don't have solid positions for this digital future are already goners; all they can hope for is to be aquired to save a big player a few years of R&D.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Yamaha buys TC Group?
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2015, 06:20:24 PM »

---clip---

However it gets a little tricky, when accusations are made that are simply untrue as this is called libel. In this spirit would you mind telling me which Intellectual Property we have violated and which products we have been allegedly barred from selling and in which countries?
 -clip--

Quote from:  definition Libel
libel
1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander, which is oral defamation. It is a tort (civil wrong) making the person or entity (like a newspaper, magazine or political organization) open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who can prove the statement about him/her was a lie. Publication need only be to one person, but it must be a statement which claims to be fact and is not clearly identified as an opinion. While it is sometimes said that the person making the libelous statement must have been intentional and malicious, actually it need only be obvious that the statement would do harm and is untrue. Proof of malice, however, does allow a party defamed to sue for general damages for damage to reputation, while an inadvertent libel limits the damages to actual harm (such as loss of business) called special damages. Libel per se involves statements so vicious that malice is assumed and does not require a proof of intent to get an award of general damages. Libel against the reputation of a person who has died will allow surviving members of the family to bring an action for damages. Most states provide for a party defamed by a periodical to demand a published retraction. If the correction is made, then there is no right to file a lawsuit. Governmental bodies are supposedly immune to actions for libel on the basis that there could be no intent by a non-personal entity, and further, public records are exempt from claims of libel. However, there is at least one known case in which there was a financial settlement as well as a published correction when a state government newsletter incorrectly stated that a dentist had been disciplined for illegal conduct. The rules covering libel against a "public figure" (particularly a political or governmental person) are special, based on U.S. Supreme Court decisions. The key is that to uphold the right to express opinions or fair comment on public figures, the libel must be malicious to constitute grounds for a lawsuit for damages. Minor errors in reporting are not libel, such as saying Mrs. Jones was 55 when she was only 48, or getting an address or title incorrect. 2) v. to broadcast or publish a written defamatory statement.

See also: defamation  libel per se  public figure  slander

I would be careful about making any reputation damaging statements as "fact" without first hand knowledge, or solid supporting evidence. Here-say in not evidence. 

Quote from:  re: opinions
Can my opinion be defamatory?

No—but merely labeling a statement as your "opinion" does not make it so. Courts look at whether a reasonable reader or listener could understand the statement as asserting a statement of verifiable fact. (A verifiable fact is one capable of being proven true or false.) This is determined in light of the context of the statement. A few courts have said that statements made in the context of an Internet bulletin board or chat room are highly likely to be opinions or hyperbole, but they do look at the remark in context to see if it's likely to be seen as a true, even if controversial, opinion ("I really hate George Lucas' new movie") rather than an assertion of fact dressed up as an opinion ("It's my opinion that Trinity is the hacker who broke into the IRS database").

Quote from: re: malice

A public figure must show "actual malice"—that you published with either knowledge of falsity or in reckless disregard for the truth. This is a difficult standard for a plaintiff to meet.

Quote from:  re corporations
Corporations are not always public figures. They are judged by the same standards as individuals.

This is a professional forum and as long as we treat each other with respect and limit our comments to our own first hand knowledge I hope there won't be any legal problems.

JR

Caveat lector ,,, I am not a lawyer but I can google
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2015, 08:09:56 PM »

Like Peter Gabriel and SSL?

Mac
So that's who outbid me on ebay... I always wanted to buy SSL... ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2015, 12:08:25 AM »

So that's who outbid me on ebay... I always wanted to buy SSL... ;)

I tried to buy SSL on eBay but they didn't take PayPal.  ;D

Just got an email,  It's official, MG bought TC
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2015, 01:08:21 AM »

I tried to buy SSL on eBay but they didn't take PayPal.  ;D

Just got an email,  It's official, MG bought TC

Craig,
Another subject, thanks for the review of the Radial ProD8. You swayed my decision and it's everything you claimed it to be.

Oh, and I thought I heard taps being played about an hour ago.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2015, 01:08:21 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.