ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Array rain cover vendors?  (Read 3615 times)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Array rain cover vendors?
« on: May 12, 2015, 09:10:17 PM »

I've got a three week run outdoors this summer and thats pushing it over the top for investing in these.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a vendor of rain covers with a mesh front that can be deployed on curved array like Vertec 88s?  I've seen these in use on arrays with a bit less curvature than I normally employ but I'm looking at an eight hi array max.  Something  that can stay on the boxes during run of show and protect them while they are brought in during rain and then covered with tarps on the ground.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: Array rain cover vendors?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 09:16:25 PM »

http://www.undercovernyc.com

I have their covers for every one of my speakers that I use outdoors.  It makes it SO much less stressful when the weather turns.  Even if it's completely dry, the speakers end up nice and clean after an event instead of full of dust.  Well worth the investment!
Brian Jojade

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 09:36:55 PM »

I have their covers for every one of my speakers that I use outdoors.  It makes it SO much less stressful when the weather turns.  Even if it's completely dry, the speakers end up nice and clean after an event instead of full of dust.  Well worth the investment!

Yep. When I bought my 88s last year, the 8 I bought from a dude in Illinois came with a set of the NY covers. I've only used them a couple of times (they are sized for 4-box hangs, since that's what he had, and now I have 8 box hangs...) but I have been happy with the overall protection and quality.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 10:20:23 PM »

Yep. When I bought my 88s last year, the 8 I bought from a dude in Illinois came with a set of the NY covers. I've only used them a couple of times (they are sized for 4-box hangs, since that's what he had, and now I have 8 box hangs...) but I have been happy with the overall protection and quality.

-Ray

Ray, do you have any pictures of these covers?
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 10:43:58 PM »

Ray, do you have any pictures of these covers?

No, but I'll take some for you tomorrow and post back. If it's not raining.

-Ray "doesn't have a big old warehouse to set up stacks of VerTecs in" Aberle
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

jason misterka

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 11:09:53 PM »

+1

We use them on all of our rigs. Changed our life. No more climbing scaffolding during thunderstorms to tarp a ground stack array, and no more mixing through tarps.

They can make the array bag with the proper curve in it, or you can have them make a 4 box bag and then have some additional 2 box skirts that you velcro to them which can mostly manage the J.

Not sure how the JBL flybars work but I do recommend specifying that you want to be able to put the rain bags on without having to remove the flybar.  It just takes a few extra seams with velcro and it saves a bunch of hassle.

Jason

Dave Barker

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 08:56:14 AM »

I have the NYUndercover units as well.  I usually deploy either 6 or 8 per side and bought my covers for a 6 hang then have a 2 hang extension.  Work great and look good doing it.  If there is a chance of rain they go on.  No real audio difference and piece of mind is worth every penny.

Bob Cap

• Classic LAB
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 09:03:24 AM »

+1 on the covers.

I just ordered some for a customer of mine. Make sure you order early. Their production time is about 4 weeks.

Have a dry summer... ;)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 09:03:24 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.