ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha - New Mixer - TF series  (Read 86235 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Yamaha - New Mixer - TF series
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2017, 03:28:48 PM »

So a buddy of mine has a TF1 (at an AVMS property). They are having an interesting quirk where they'll set up a show, and come back 5-6 hours later and the gain structure is off by 10-15dB. This is regardless of power cycling the unit or not. These are using just the built in pre-amps; they do not have a Tio for it yet.

Anyone with TF experience seen or heard of this phenomena, and what might be a solution to stop it?

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2017, 03:37:20 PM »

So a buddy of mine has a TF1 (at an AVMS property). They are having an interesting quirk where they'll set up a show, and come back 5-6 hours later and the gain structure is off by 10-15dB. This is regardless of power cycling the unit or not. These are using just the built in pre-amps; they do not have a Tio for it yet.

Anyone with TF experience seen or heard of this phenomena, and what might be a solution to stop it?

-Ray

Get a decent mixer instead?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Don Davis

• So Cal
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2017, 04:16:04 PM »

-Ray

I've had my TF5 for months now and not one issue. Have him check with Yamaha.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2017, 04:38:21 PM »

Yeahhhhhhhh well you saw what the company is- and I think you know how those outfits work when it comes to what gear they get to have. So as much as I appreciate the snarkiness of your replies on here, definitely not what I was looking for or something that's feasible! :-)

I've had my TF5 for months now and not one issue. Have him check with Yamaha.
That's definitely the next step. But, wanted to see if anyone had seen this particular issue before. I don't see much chatter about them still, so either they're all working really well or no one has noticed this problem before and it's an inherent design flaw. Heh.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2017, 08:13:40 PM »

Yeahhhhhhhh well you saw what the company is- and I think you know how those outfits work when it comes to what gear they get to have. So as much as I appreciate the snarkiness of your replies on here, definitely not what I was looking for or something that's feasible! :-)
That's definitely the next step. But, wanted to see if anyone had seen this particular issue before. I don't see much chatter about them still, so either they're all working really well or no one has noticed this problem before and it's an inherent design flaw. Heh.

-Ray

Or not many people here are using that board.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2017, 08:35:58 PM »

Or not many people here are using that board.
That thought had occurred to me as well. But, you always figure that with the wide breadth of experiences on here, there's always a chance that someone's sold one or otherwise dealt with this weirdness. With at least two users (Don, Jeff) on this thread, though, at least there will be some real world hands on experiences.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2017, 01:38:26 PM »

-Ray

I've been mixing on one since Jan every week. And they have 3 between the different campuses.

The one i'm on is dante to tio boxes. The other two are pre's.

No issues that I've heard of except the psu cable issue with the first run of TF series.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2017, 03:13:11 PM »

Maybe he got the one I saw dropped at GC Mr. Snarky pants.  ;D
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jeff Foster

« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2017, 07:31:10 PM »

-Ray

Since you tagged me in one of the posts, I'll chime in. I've never heard of this issue in the TF series.  About the closest thing I've seen on the multiple TF consoles I've used/installed was where the iPad sync would be messed up (playback very "static" filled)  after leaving the console for a while. This was only on one console that I've seen and I never bothered to do extensive troubleshooting to see if it was the console causing the issue or the iDevice itself. 

There's a TF user group on Facebook where people ask about random glitches all the time (well, very occasionally since the TF seems to be pretty reliable).  One of the Yamaha designers/staff is a frequent contributor there. You might post about it there to see if anyone has seen that before. 
Jeff Foster
Freelance system designer/installer

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2017, 07:31:10 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.