ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha - New Mixer - TF series  (Read 86899 times)

David Parker

Re: Yamaha - New Mixer - TF series
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2015, 07:55:47 AM »

An interesting way to stretch processing power, and probably not big negative.
the GEQ on the LS9 were selectable that way, you could double the number of GEQs by using that mode. I used them on monitors and never needed more than 12 cuts/boosts.

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2015, 01:25:41 PM »

Meh...those prices look like Sweetwater markups to me. I know you can get them for less as the quote that I got was from one of Sweetwater's main competitors.

I've noticed that Sweetwater tends to post higher prices before the product are distributed.  Well I noticed that with the iQ speakers. 
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Scott Bolt

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2015, 02:58:44 PM »

An interesting way to stretch processing power, and probably not big negative.
I agree.  Very clever!

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2015, 03:25:50 PM »

Sweetwater's got official pricing.

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/musikmesse-2015-yamaha-tf-series-mixers/

Speaking of pricing, it looks like the only Cat5 on the mixer is for the router, so a card is going to be required to use Cat5 to feed a digital stage box. 

I'm very curious to know what the card and the stage boxes are going to cost

(if I read right) the stage boxes can be daisy chained, so one card should feed a pair of stage boxes

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »

(if I read right) the stage boxes can be daisy chained, so one card should feed a pair of stage boxes

If they follow the method of the other Dante consoles Yamaha makes you can daisy chain, but you lose the redundant network if you do that. Ideally you would have 2 switches at the stage end and connect them to the 2 Dante network ports on the console. Then you can have multiple stageboxes connected to the primary and secondary networks. There is a limit of 8 stageboxes on the CL series, I don't know if this applies to the smaller TF, or if there is a different limit, the card is 64ch, so I suppose you can use at least 4 16ch stageboxes.

Mac

Thomas Le

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »

If they follow the method of the other Dante consoles Yamaha makes you can daisy chain, but you lose the redundant network if you do that. Ideally you would have 2 switches at the stage end and connect them to the 2 Dante network ports on the console. Then you can have multiple stageboxes connected to the primary and secondary networks. There is a limit of 8 stageboxes on the CL series, I don't know if this applies to the smaller TF, or if there is a different limit, the card is 64ch, so I suppose you can use at least 4 16ch stageboxes.

Mac

Remember that TF3 & TF5 only can process up to 48 channels while TF1 can do 40.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2015, 07:58:14 PM »

Remember that TF3 & TF5 only can process up to 48 channels while TF1 can do 40.

But they can all access all 64 channels of Dante. Just because there are XLR inputs on your snake doesn't mean you use all of them all the time. With a Dante Controller preset change you could have multiple shows prepatched.

Mac

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2015, 11:44:45 PM »

Speaking of pricing, it looks like the only Cat5 on the mixer is for the router, so a card is going to be required to use Cat5 to feed a digital stage box. 

I'm very curious to know what the card and the stage boxes are going to cost

The picture I looked at showed a built in Dante port (I thought) and a mini yga slot?

Edit: just checked. You do need a Dante card for a stage box but at least there is a new one not limited to 16x16 like the old ones.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:51:50 PM by Rob Spence »
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2015, 01:53:21 AM »

Edit: just checked. You do need a Dante card for a stage box but at least there is a new one not limited to 16x16 like the old ones.
Not available until Spring 2016 though.  ???
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2015, 07:12:16 AM »

Not available until Spring 2016 though.  ???

Stagebox isn't available till then either.  Guess it makes sense that they both are released at the same time. 

Until I know what the stagebox and the card cost, I have no idea what it really costs to own this mixer because a stagebox is not an option for me anymore, it's a requirement.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2015, 07:12:16 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 25 queries.