ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha - New Mixer - TF series  (Read 86236 times)

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: Yamaha - New Mixer - TF series
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 09:34:02 AM »

Wow - that was really buried - it's way down in the product description.  They show Spring 2016 availability!?  Taking a page from Behringer's book there.

It's in the new product announcement but, since it's 1st quarter 2016 they are not highlighting it yet.  Also the NY64-D Dante Interface Card was announced.  Same availability.  It's the new NY card series/form factor with 64x64 available in a single card slot.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 09:37:28 AM »

TF1 retail is $2950.00  MAP $2499.00

TF3 retail is $3500.00  MAP $2999.99

TF5 retail is $4200.00  MAP $3599.99

Don't know if they forgot the .99 on the MAP for the TF1 but those are the prices that I have from earlier this morning.

Lee
Seems like a bit of a tough sell at nearly 2x the price of some of its competitors. 

Thomas Le

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »

Seems like a bit of a tough sell at nearly 2x the price of some of its competitors. 

Si Expression is using the same pricing. They're selling pretty well considering their featureset on expandability.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 10:43:21 AM »

TF1 retail is $2950.00  MAP $2499.00

TF3 retail is $3500.00  MAP $2999.99

TF5 retail is $4200.00  MAP $3599.99
This is the same MSRP that I was told this morning as well. My vendor has quoted me $3,200, $2,600, and $2,200 respectively for the TF series. Considering that the 01V96 was MAPed at $2,400 until just recently I think it's a competitive pricing structure.

Yamaha is already accepting orders and should begin shipping in May. I was hoping to hear that the TF1 was going to come in under two grand. But I'm sure we'll see a price reduction after they remove their hard pricing floor in a year, or maybe bundled with the TIO rack.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 01:46:48 PM »

Automotive designers are learning that touch screens are highly distracting and take a lot of attention to manipulate.  And are thus returning to discrete controls for many functions.  The pinch eq curves are great visual feedback on what you are doing, but will probably lead to more and more "head down" mixing.  Just my $.02

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 02:25:10 PM »

The no dedicated EQ knobs is weird.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 03:22:15 PM »

It's not gonna be an LS9 replacement that's for sure. It looks more like a competitor to the Behringer X32, Midas M32 and Allen & Heath GLD line. It looks like it's made with lower quality parts. Even complete with combo inputs and RCA connections. No AES/EBU, no SPDIF, no digital in's or outs including options for external clocking and looks to be utilizing pre amps ( head amps ) borrowed and modified from their MG mixer line. The pricing seems about right. I would throw down on the TF1 if the price came down to 2k. I hate to say it, but the X32 compact and Rack versions are hard to beat at $1,200-1,700 respectively. With the Soundcraft Expressions getting down in the sub 2k region and A&H's QU series about the same, they have some work cut out for them. 
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 03:22:31 PM »

Automotive designers are learning that touch screens are highly distracting and take a lot of attention to manipulate.  And are thus returning to discrete controls for many functions.  The pinch eq curves are great visual feedback on what you are doing, but will probably lead to more and more "head down" mixing.  Just my $.02
This is my concern as well - it's nice to see what the EQ looks like, but it's very easy to lose focus on how it actually sounds.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Thomas Le

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 03:36:44 PM »

Brochure's up on the page.

I just noticed that the max mix/input capacity is only 48, and they have a picture where they run 3 of the Tio1608-D's. Wonder if they can do fader flip on the GEQ's, might've missed that one...

There's always the "Touch & Turn" knob...

Scott Helmke

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 05:48:05 PM »

The no dedicated EQ knobs is weird.

I think it's proof that the Touch & Turn knob is a successful design element.

And yeah, there wasl a fair bit of "head down" mixing back in the analog days, to make sure I grabbed the correct knob. Or even "crouch down" mixing when I had to go for one of the monitor EQ's in the bottom of the rack.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 05:48:05 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.