ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha - New Mixer - TF series  (Read 86837 times)

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
Re: Yamaha - New Mixer - TF series
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2015, 07:33:25 AM »

I've never worked with cues and a script so I really hadn't thought of that.  We do live in different worlds. 

I work with bands that often work without set lists and change up on the fly in order to work the crowd.  If I don't watch, they'll do something that basically pulls my pants down in front of the crowd.  I have to watch.

(and I was confused and thought I was replying to the Presonus thread as well!)

If you are watching the stage, how do you keep up with your cues in the script?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:40:46 AM by Steve Hurt »

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2015, 08:25:13 AM »

What?! You're talking crazy talk there. Everyone knows that if you can't see something, then you can't hear it. Just ask every college lighting design professor.  ::)

I may be all wet here since I retired, but I always did like keeping my eye on that crazy lead singer that tended to run in front of the PA the second I had to look at an FX rack.

Thomas Le

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2015, 08:57:59 AM »

Don't forget the QSC TouchMix-16 - $1300

The Yamaha seems to offer presets and "simple" settings for novices and advanced (unlocked adjustment) settings for sound folks, very similar to what the QSC offers.

I like the "touch and Turn" concept. Roland's consoles also use a similar feature for adjustment.

Not to be nitpicky, but I wouldn't call the QSC Touchmix a true digital board, more of Digilogue because the gain/trim/HA is still manual like the DL1608 & SL.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2015, 10:26:33 AM »

It looks great.

Earlier in this thread there was a mention of May 2016? Was that a typo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jeff Carter

• Kitchener, ON, Canada
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2015, 11:19:56 AM »

Earlier in this thread there was a mention of May 2016? Was that a typo?

Desks ship in Spring 2015, stage boxes and NY-64 card in Spring 2016.
Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be physics PhDs

(Brian) Frost

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2015, 12:44:20 PM »

one knob eq and one knob compressor is listed as a feature... I consider this a strong hinderance.  hopefully that 'feature' can be disabled for a more traditional big boy approach. 

It looks like an odd mix of prosumer and pro level desk at a price thats in between both as well.  Im a big ls9 fan but I dont see buying this.  QL looks worth the extra money.

Thomas Le

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2015, 01:11:15 PM »

one knob eq and one knob compressor is listed as a feature... I consider this a strong hinderance.  hopefully that 'feature' can be disabled for a more traditional big boy approach. 

It looks like an odd mix of prosumer and pro level desk at a price thats in between both as well.  Im a big ls9 fan but I dont see buying this.  QL looks worth the extra money.

If you watched the videos or read the brochure, you can turn off the 1 knob feature and use the touchscreen or "Touch n Turn" knob to adjust full parameters.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »

This is a digital version of the MG line. It has the preamps and the 1 knob compression from the MG line of entry level mixers. The touch-n-turn seems like a cool idea, but also seems cumbersome too. Now it takes two hands to do what 1 could do? Select the band, Q, or frequency and then turn the knob, or use two fingers on the tft screen. The touch -n-turn requires that you place your finger on one option while you turn a decoder with the other?
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2015, 02:12:11 PM »

The touch-n-turn seems like a cool idea, but also seems cumbersome too. Now it takes two hands to do what 1 could do? Select the band, Q, or frequency and then turn the knob, or use two fingers on the tft screen. The touch -n-turn requires that you place your finger on one option while you turn a decoder with the other?
You can do it with the same hand, bouncing back and forth from the touch screen to the Touch-n-Turn knob.

I usually have my left hand on the faders or some other option and use my right hand for the TnT knob. This is what I do on the CL5. I find it faster and than using the on surface controls for things like basic EQ and compression settings. I really, really like the Touch n Turn feature of the CL5 and I think it will be great on the TF series.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2015, 02:37:27 PM »

I like that I can keep similar touch memory in my hand between digicos and GLD and etc because everyone has the T2T knob the right below the screen. So I can get on board with this I think. There are still those UD encoders.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2015, 02:37:27 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.