ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: X32-Q app on the iPad stopped showing meters  (Read 11452 times)

Dan Mortensen

Re: X32-Q app on the iPad stopped showing meters
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 08:13:14 PM »

Last night I decided to delete the app from my iPad and reloaded it from the appstore.  Everything started working fine again after the reload.   Had another person who loaded iOS 8.3 on their IPhone 6 Plus having the same issue.   After they deleted the app and reloaded it from the appstore they were working as well.

Just tried it on my Mini and no difference. Meters still not working.

I was hopeful for a little while....

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 07:52:14 PM »

Just tried it on my Mini and no difference. Meters still not working.

I was hopeful for a little while....
So band had a week off.. upgraded to ios 8.3 on my iPad 2.
Fri night gig.. X32Q - no meters.
Sat day, deleted and re-installed X32-Q v1.2 (most recent) and STILL NO METERS!

Anyone got any ideas.. ?? it's as if Behringer is focused on issue with the Xair series!

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 02:46:21 AM »

I believe it is the later..... The new mixers are going to be the big draw and placing time into the soon to be outdated tech is probably the issue. Why advance the current flagship platform when it will be updated soon enough with a new version release? The X-Edit is at least two firmware updates behind and is still not 100% compatible with even the last update it was released with. The Ipad app is also a couple updates behind. I get the feeling the android app ( which is currently fully compatible ) has been left to spearhead the functionality of the desk until it is overhauled. My bet is within two years there will be one more update, the edit apps will finally be on par with the current firmware and then by year three the mixer will be replaced with a new version. Possibly even within a two year period this may happen? If you look on their website, the X32 isn't even front page anymore. It's all about the X-Air.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 10:15:42 AM »

I believe it is the later..... The new mixers are going to be the big draw and placing time into the soon to be outdated tech is probably the issue. Why advance the current flagship platform when it will be updated soon enough with a new version release? The X-Edit is at least two firmware updates behind and is still not 100% compatible with even the last update it was released with. The Ipad app is also a couple updates behind. I get the feeling the android app ( which is currently fully compatible ) has been left to spearhead the functionality of the desk until it is overhauled. My bet is within two years there will be one more update, the edit apps will finally be on par with the current firmware and then by year three the mixer will be replaced with a new version. Possibly even within a two year period this may happen? If you look on their website, the X32 isn't even front page anymore. It's all about the X-Air.
I hear ya.. but I believe the X32-Q app is consistent/common across the X series mixers, so I would expect them to support it.. Strange that they don't have a fix yet!

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 03:32:58 PM »

So band had a week off.. upgraded to ios 8.3 on my iPad 2.
Fri night gig.. X32Q - no meters.
Sat day, deleted and re-installed X32-Q v1.2 (most recent) and STILL NO METERS!

Anyone got any ideas.. ?? it's as if Behringer is focused on issue with the Xair series!
Personally I jumped ship and bought a Nexus 7 (2013) and run Mixing Station.  Absolutely no regrets.  I even get the RTA backdrop on the EQ screens and a scrolling trace of both the raw and compressed signal on the compressor screen.

...dave
..db

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 04:52:00 PM »

Personally I jumped ship and bought a Nexus 7 (2013) and run Mixing Station.  Absolutely no regrets.  I even get the RTA backdrop on the EQ screens and a scrolling trace of both the raw and compressed signal on the compressor screen.

...dave
I would do that too, if it was the only app I had on my iPad. I also run OnSong for all charts, etc. Use it when we get a song I haven't played in a while.

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 05:27:14 PM »

I would do that too, if it was the only app I had on my iPad. I also run OnSong for all charts, etc. Use it when we get a song I haven't played in a while.
Oh I keep my iPad 3 retina handy as well as the Studio Six Audio Tools are an amazingly useful suite and they don't run on Android.  A very reliable source on another forum (contributes here at times as well but I don't want to out him) says that there is an inherent processing lag on Android that is not present in IOS which may be the inhibitor.  When I mix from the Nexus tablet I'll pull out my iPhone occasionally to check the RTA and SPL levels as Audio Tools runs on that device as well.

I also see more and more of the performers that come through my normal venue using OnSong from an iPad mounted on their mic stands.  Do you mix from stage?  If so I can definitely see not wanting both an iPad and Android mounted that way.  I just personally got burned with a previous IOS upgrade two years ago that totally broke the Presonus app for a few months.  And as much as I love my X32, the Xedit and Qmix apps have been incomplete since the release of firmware v2.10 many months ago and now they just today released v2.12 but no fix for the apps. Then there's the IOS 8.3 issue the meter displays....

So I jumped to Mixing station which is progressing much more quickly and responsively.  I do understand your position though.

...dave
..db

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »

I also see more and more of the performers that come through my normal venue using OnSong from an iPad mounted on their mic stands.  Do you mix from stage?  If so I can definitely see not wanting both an iPad and Android mounted that way.  I just personally got burned with a previous IOS upgrade two years ago that totally broke the Presonus app for a few months.  And as much as I love my X32, the Xedit and Qmix apps have been incomplete since the release of firmware v2.10 many months ago and now they just today released v2.12 but no fix for the apps. Then there's the IOS 8.3 issue the meter displays....

So I jumped to Mixing station which is progressing much more quickly and responsively.  I do understand your position though.

...dave
Yeah, we mix from stage when its our PA, with someone (not a full time FOH person) running X-Mix on an iPad (we have a few) out front as needed.  When it's house sound we take snake split into X32 for IEM's. Same IEM mix either way. We've also modularized so we have 2 racks - top + bottom. Bottom has amps + DSP and gets left at home when House provided PA. Top has X32 and wireless gear, and goes to all gigs.  Easy hookup.. power up and go. My phone has venue-to-X32 channel mappings stored, so easy pull up.

I don't need the channel levels on X32-Q, but they worked fine under 8.2. Not on 8.3, and it sure would be nice to get them back working!
I have MixStation on my phone, but have not yet used it. Might try at next gig...
BUt I like the easy adjust size on the iPad.
I also have fing and other tools on the iPad too.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:50:54 PM by Steve.Oldridge »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 24 queries.