ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless HDMI or other option  (Read 5639 times)

Darin Ulmer

Wireless HDMI or other option
« on: April 14, 2015, 01:00:41 PM »

Looking for some advice.

Our church is moving in to a new facility and we are going to use a pair of TV's instead of screens/projectors.  (We are doing this because of ceiling height)  Do any of you have experience with using wireless HDMI or built in WiFI in a smart TV to connect a laptop for video/powerpoint.  I've looked at a number of wireless HDMI options but the trick here is that I need 2 TV's to sync to the laptop not just one, and the only wireless with multiple receivers costs as much as a TV.

I am hoping to do this via a wireless option because of the cable path that would be required.  The transmitters/receivers for wireless HDMI or WiFi would be less than 50' away and we have not purchased the TV's yet.

Any suggestions?  Or experience as to what works/doesn't work?
Thanks.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Re: Wireless HDMI or other option
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 01:18:44 PM »

Looking for some advice.

Our church is moving in to a new facility and we are going to use a pair of TV's instead of screens/projectors.  (We are doing this because of ceiling height)  Do any of you have experience with using wireless HDMI or built in WiFI in a smart TV to connect a laptop for video/powerpoint.  I've looked at a number of wireless HDMI options but the trick here is that I need 2 TV's to sync to the laptop not just one, and the only wireless with multiple receivers costs as much as a TV.

I am hoping to do this via a wireless option because of the cable path that would be required.  The transmitters/receivers for wireless HDMI or WiFi would be less than 50' away and we have not purchased the TV's yet.

Any suggestions?  Or experience as to what works/doesn't work?
Thanks.

I try to use as little wireless anything as possible for a permanent installation.  Especially in a church. Hard wire it if you can. Cuts down on interference issues that may crop up. Much more reliable. IMO

If your cable run is not too long, I would get an HDMI splitter then convert to Cat5/6 then back to HDMI at the TV's.

John L Nobile

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 01:34:50 PM »

This has been working pretty good for me

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-wireless-hdmi-video-transmitter/

I have had a few dropouts but I'm in a noisy enviro. Nothing major though. I would go hardwired if I had a critical application but we just use it to play movies at the resort during holidays.

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 02:04:08 PM »

John L Nobile

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 02:09:09 PM »

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 12:38:06 AM »

I've looked at a number of wireless HDMI options but the trick here is that I need 2 TV's to sync to the laptop not just one, and the only wireless with multiple receivers costs as much as a TV.

As someone suggested, Teradek Bolt line is THE ONE, but it's pricey.

I was using Nyrius Aries Pro at one point.  It would work fine 50ft when room was empty, then when all the guests came in, it would be intermittent.

I suggest an HDMI splitter with EDID management like this:

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/gtb-hdfst-148-blk.jsp?prod_id=9606

This allows your laptop to drive 2,3,4... TVs simultaneously, without any of the handshake/no picture issue common with splitters not equipped with EDID management circuitry.

Should not have any problem with good quality 50' - 65' HDMI cables.  Any longer and you should look into HDBaseT or HDMI over CAT5/CAT6 solutions, which will be WAY cheaper than a long booster HDMI cable such as  Gefen or NTW.  You can pick up HDMI over CAT5 Tx/Rx set from Monoprice, TigerDirect, etc. for less than $50.  Works best with shielded CAT6, but I've gone unshielded less than 100' without problems.

JR

ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 12:38:06 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.