ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bt-12 speaker tilter.  (Read 24443 times)

Stephen Kirby

Re: Bt-12 speaker tilter.
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2015, 12:44:37 PM »

Both axes do matter to the extent that you want a neutral vertical or compressive load on the support stand with no moments in any other directions.  Ideally any tilting would be done about the CG of the box.

The first time I flew my DSRs I was really disappointed that the top flypoints were so off the vertical CG.  It took a lot of pull back force to tilt them down.  I had rated spansets and shackles on the front points to hold them up and planned to just use trick line to aim them.  I ended up doubling the trick line just to feel sure that nothing would come loose and cause them to swing upwards.  Next time it's steel cable.

Nimrod Webber

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2015, 01:29:06 PM »

Both axes do matter to the extent that you want a neutral vertical or compressive load on the support stand with no moments in any other directions.  Ideally any tilting would be done about the CG of the box.

That is correct. But usually the top hat location is a given (unless it is DIY-added to a cab) and is assumed to be inline (or as practically close as possible) with the COG.

So when considering tilting using the top hat, the only parameter that is 'left' to be checked is the COG height, as it determines the arc that the top hat will draw (about the COG) and thus the amount of the COG shift that will develop. That distance should be compensated by the tilter in order to keep the cab properly balanced on the pole.

This is exactly what the BT-12 does, but because it is true only for a specific range of COG heights (by design), the COG height of a cab should be checked to insure that it is within that range and so will be correctly balanced when tilted by the BT-12.

:)           
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:52:58 AM by Nimrod Webber »
...so God created SOUND, and then God said...
http://www.boniton.co.il
http://www.bt-12.com/ Balanced Tilting Sounds Better... Facebook Users Group

Hanno Meingast

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2015, 11:56:27 PM »

Here are the tilters under my SPL
Runts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.    Hanno

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2015, 11:56:27 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.