ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Bt-12 speaker tilter.  (Read 24684 times)

Jonathan Betts

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/JLB-Sound-and-Production/156817657745906
Bt-12 speaker tilter.
« on: April 07, 2015, 02:53:16 PM »

Does anyone have a extra pair they would be willing to sell or know of anyone that may have them available? They are out of production at the moment.

Thanks

http://bt-12.com/about.php

Rick Powell

Re: Bt-12 speaker tilter.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 10:30:42 PM »

Best of luck in your search.  I don't think I've ever seen one offered for sale, used, on ebay, the marketplace, or elsewhere...people tend to hang on to these rare and useful items.  BTW - shouldn't this be in the Marketplace as a WTB, rather than LAB Lounge?

Robert Patch

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 09:14:50 PM »

I'd like a pair too.  They are supposed to be available again in the fall.  In the mean time, I'll get a pair of these:

http://www.parts-express.com/km-19674-heavy-duty-ring-lock-speaker-stand-tilt-adapter-up-to-15-tilt--242-7732

Jonathan Betts

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/JLB-Sound-and-Production/156817657745906
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 10:00:14 PM »

I'd like a pair too.  They are supposed to be available again in the fall.  In the mean time, I'll get a pair of these:

http://www.parts-express.com/km-19674-heavy-duty-ring-lock-speaker-stand-tilt-adapter-up-to-15-tilt--242-7732

I have a pair of these. They are decent but just under the load rating of my SM 80.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 10:36:10 PM »

What makes the BT-12's better than the K&M's?
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 10:38:37 PM »

What makes the BT-12's better than the K&M's?

They maintain the Center Of Gravity and so keep the load balanced throughout the full range of adjustment.  There's more, but that's the gist.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 10:59:51 PM »

They maintain the Center Of Gravity and so keep the load balanced throughout the full range of adjustment.  There's more, but that's the gist.

Thanks Dick - so would the K&M's be risky to use with something like my DSR's?
I do miss the tilting option on these speakers. I used to use it from time to time on the PRX's.

Does anyone here use tilters with the DSR's???
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 11:57:00 PM »

Thanks Dick - so would the K&M's be risky to use with something like my DSR's?
I do miss the tilting option on these speakers. I used to use it from time to time on the PRX's.

Does anyone here use tilters with the DSR's???

DSR's should be fine, but they will put some torque on the pole going into the sub (if that's how you are using it).

BTW, do a search. Those K&M tilters have been on amazon for 15 bucks each for the longest time. I bought a pair years ago.

These tops are maybe 40-45 pounds. The tilt was about halfway (which would be 7.5 degrees iirc). I didn't want to go much farther because these subs just have a simple steel top hat for the pole. Not super strong. The pole and weight distribution were fine. I was just worried about pulling the pole socket out of the sub....

Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 12:08:04 AM »

I have been searching online and I cant find anything less than $56 each for the basic tilter which seems a bit high. However, if I am getting something strong and reliable I don't mind too much.
I am sure I have seen them cheaper than this but I can't find any right now…

I'll be using the 20mm threaded pole in the sub and also tripod.  I don't want to put  lot of stress on the threaded sub insert. The stand would be OK - nice and strong with legs wide for stability. I'd also only tilt a small amount - maybe 10 deg max.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 12:23:36 AM »

There is a Yorkville tilter - very basic, 15 degree tilt only and no adjustment but only $5. I'd like to find something in between $5 and $56…. I might get a couple of the cheapies and see how they work.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 12:23:36 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.