ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Bt-12 speaker tilter.  (Read 15602 times)

Mark McFarlane

• Middle East
    • Arkose Records
Re: Bt-12 speaker tilter.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 04:23:51 am »

The K&Ms are still worth $56.  If you are patient, maybe they will show up again cheap.  The were something like $20 for over a year from Amazon direct.  I also have some 15 degree fixed K&Ms that I used toilet shims to change the angle.  The Toilet Shim idea was from Dick or Mac or someone else here.  Worked OK, but I prefer the variable tilt of the 19670s.
Mark McFarlane
ARKOSERECORDS
Turn down what's too loud.

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 05:52:55 am »

There is a Yorkville tilter - very basic, 15 degree tilt only and no adjustment but only $5. I'd like to find something in between $5 and $56…. I might get a couple of the cheapies and see how they work.

I got these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WB6N12/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

K&M w/o the cam lock.

Actually will be using them in the field for the first time this Saturday in an old highly reverberant church sanctuary.  Going to use a laser pointer for some precise aiming. I'll try and remember to get some pics.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

David Allred

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 06:56:17 am »

Perhaps K&M monitors the availability of the BT-12's and prices accordingly?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 09:26:21 am »

Perhaps K&M monitors the availability of the BT-12's and prices accordingly?

Yes, since the BT-12s are much more expensive.

I once had tilters at 15 degrees. Way too much for any normal use. The 7.5 degree tilt of the K12s is pretty much right on.

I would like BT-12s for my ZXa5s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jano Svitok

• SR Forums
  • Bratislava, Slovakia
    • zvukari.sk
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 10:47:23 am »

I have a pair of BT-12. I mostly use them with RCF TT-25A (15"+1.5", 33 kg). The BT swing movement doesn't seem to match the actual COG, so I don't tilt the boxes more than 6-8 degrees, especially when the box is on a pole over subwoofer. With smaller boxes like RCF 310A or Yamaha DSR112, I tilt them to 12 degrees if needed.

I use them almost always - tilting really helps when playing from choir lofts downwards, in a too live rooms or outdoors when the speakers are on a lift at 3 m.

They were quite pricey, but I am happy with them. The simpler version may work (I will most probably buy a pair for smaller speakers one day), but for bigger angles the speaker can trip over...

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 11:06:50 am »

I would like BT-12s for my ZXa5s.

I find the EV strongarm mount works well for the ZXA5. Invert it and attach a K&M pole adaptor with 10mm bolt.

Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, VTC, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, OnPoint Audio, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, Whirlwind, On-Stage, more...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 11:52:05 am »

I got these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WB6N12/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

K&M w/o the cam lock.

Actually will be using them in the field for the first time this Saturday in an old highly reverberant church sanctuary.  Going to use a laser pointer for some precise aiming. I'll try and remember to get some pics.

These are the ones at $56 that I was referring to - the ones with the cam lock are almost $100 each.
If the nicer ones were $56 - I'd grab them…

Darn….
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jeremy Young

• DSL SM80, JTR OS-Pro/C212Pro, A&H iLive T112/R72
    • Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 10:21:48 pm »

That looks great Mike!  I had been looking at the strong arm for my ZXA5's but never thought about inverting them.  And here I was pricing out things to hang it from!
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 10:59:06 pm »

I find the EV strongarm mount works well for the ZXA5. Invert it and attach a K&M pole adaptor with 10mm bolt.

Hey mike, great idea. What is the part name/number from EV?

Send me a message with prices for both parts please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Brian Bolly

• Baltimore, MD / Amsterdam, NL
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 08:55:24 am »

These are the ones at $56 that I was referring to - the ones with the cam lock are almost $100 each.
If the nicer ones were $56 - I'd grab them…

Darn….

Occasionally the ring-lock version (p/n 19674) will drop below $40 each.  There are browser plugins and websites that will allow you to set a price alert - set one up and be prepared to jump quickly when they do, as it never lasts long.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 08:55:24 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.