ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen Heath GLD 112 case  (Read 2884 times)

Scott Slater

Allen Heath GLD 112 case
« on: December 17, 2015, 09:39:34 AM »

I need a case for a GLD 112, and was wondering what you guys were using.  I have used LM in the past, and wanted to take a look at some other options before contacting them.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Allen Heath GLD 112 case
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 09:59:17 AM »

I need a case for a GLD 112, and was wondering what you guys were using.  I have used LM in the past, and wanted to take a look at some other options before contacting them.
IndyCase is building me one right now.  Mine is a fairly basic case to keep the dimensions as compact as possible, but I know they just built a version with a doghouse for another customer.

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 06:22:44 PM »

I bought a B stock case from A &H directly. It's not a bad case. Comes with a doghouse and since it was B stock it was the best price I could get. It was also available immediately. And as always I needed it immediately.

We have cases from Grundorf for our GLD 80s the biuld quality is excellent the design is not.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 07:11:33 PM »

I bought a B stock case from A &H directly. It's not a bad case. Comes with a doghouse and since it was B stock it was the best price I could get. It was also available immediately. And as always I needed it immediately.

We have cases from Grundorf for our GLD 80s the biuld quality is excellent the design is not.
My custom case from IndyCase is less expensive than the A&H one, and appears to be nicer than what I've seen from the A&H pictures, though I haven't seen the A&H case in person.

Scott Slater

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 08:10:03 PM »

I've seen the A&H one on a few websites, but the one that I saw didn't appear to have a doghouse.

I contacted IndyCase for a quote, and am also checking with LM again.  I have been happy with LM for my other consoles.  I used Brady Cases for my GLD80, but I have to prop the console up on a 2x4 when using it because the foam covers a portion of the dSnake port.  The build quality is good, but that is the only thing that I don't care for about it.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 09:01:31 PM »

Olympic Cases built me a brilliant custom case for my GLD-80 and previously built my Soundscraft Si case. I can't recommend them more highly for build quality and customer service. The CAD drafts they provide before approving custom builds are especially great.

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 11:23:30 AM »

Olympic Cases built me a brilliant custom case for my GLD-80 and previously built my Soundscraft Si case. I can't recommend them more highly for build quality and customer service. The CAD drafts they provide before approving custom builds are especially great.

Yeah, I'll second Olympic Case.

I have used a number of Olympic cases for mixing consoles and racks. They have always been extremely well built and can take a serious beating from the road. I have always been impressed with the Olympic Case products that I have used. If I ever need anything custom, they are always my first stop.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 01:17:48 PM »

I have a GLD 112 case from BC Cases. They make solid cases but I'm not pleased with the handle placement on this case. Only 1 handle on each side to lift and set the console down. Not sure if they are all like this, but it's something I would look at. I took it back after a couple shows for some minor adjustments and they informed me that it had to be this way due to the spacing of the latches and corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 01:17:48 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 26 queries.