ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to put a GEQ on an M7CL  (Read 1427 times)

James Garrett

Where to put a GEQ on an M7CL
« on: April 03, 2015, 04:10:29 pm »

I have a group of area mics on a stage and I need to ring them. Normally I would put them all into a group and insert a GEQ. The Yamaha M7 does not have groups. I ended up putting the mics into a pair of mix busses and through a pair of GEQ's and then returned them into a couple channels of the console and routed accordingly. Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Where to put a GEQ on an M7CL
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 04:48:14 pm »

I have a group of area mics on a stage and I need to ring them. Normally I would put them all into a group and insert a GEQ. The Yamaha M7 does not have groups. I ended up putting the mics into a pair of mix busses and through a pair of GEQ's and then returned them into a couple channels of the console and routed accordingly. Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Of course it has groups. It has 16 "Mixes" that can be either variable, making them an aux send, or fixed, making them a group. You get to decide how many of each kind of mix bus you need. You set them to either type in pairs in the mixer setup menu.

Mac

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 04:54:19 pm »

I have a group of area mics on a stage and I need to ring them. Normally I would put them all into a group and insert a GEQ...... Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Yes.  Use PEQ per mic, then if you must use further group processing, use PEQ.  Using GEQ on a group to gain headroom (which is what I imagine you're aiming for) is a bit heavy-handed.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

James Garrett

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 05:06:07 pm »

Of course it has groups. It has 16 "Mixes" that can be either variable, making them an aux send, or fixed, making them a group. You get to decide how many of each kind of mix bus you need. You set them to either type in pairs in the mixer setup menu.

Mac

How would I route the fixed group to the stereo bus without returning it into a pair of channels on the console?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 05:29:37 pm »

How would I route the fixed group to the stereo bus without returning it into a pair of channels on the console?

By going to the master for that mix and assigning it to the stereo bus, just like you would on any console.

Mac
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.