ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jbl stx828s or db technologies s30n or yorkville ls801p  (Read 9003 times)

John L Nobile

Re: Jbl stx828s or db technologies s30n or yorkville ls801p
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 08:16:55 AM »

What are you going to be running through the speakers? Is it a band, DJ? What kind of music?
There's lots of options out there. Do some research on line arrays. The marketing of them doesn't live up to the reality. I haven't heard a lot of them but I ve yet to be impressed from the ones I've heard.
I'm a huge fan of Danley products. I suggest you do a search here on SM80s and TH118's.
And don't be in a rush to buy anything. Try to get out and hear systems, ask questions and learn as much as you can.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 09:11:26 AM by John L Nobile »

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 08:32:41 AM »

some places are big about 100,000 sq or maybe smaller

Sorry if this seems like more criticism, but this is a really good example of you not giving people enough real info to help you.

100,000 square whats?

100,000 sq m is an awful lot bigger and harder to cover than 100,000 sq ft.

Edit: typo

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 01:01:31 PM »

I heard line array cover more and reduce the echo that comes back from the wall  because it throw the sound to the ground but i dont really know but  i want to learn i like doing this i can buy 6x array boxes and then add more
i also want to rent out my gear so i can make money while im not using because we only have gigs in the summer may to september and some places are big about 100,000 sq or maybe smaller but its an army place i dont know what they call those and we also play in small places  that fits about 300 people and all the places are square or rectangle and il look for some one that can train me i live in oregon

That might be the case, it the line array is flown high enough and aimed down at the back row so little sound hits the back wall and what does is at an angle that sends the bounce into the back of the audience. If not, the echo back on stage will be worse. Of course this applies to traditional speaker designs as well.

It is very difficult to make money renting sound equipment in any situation, and one where your budget for updating gear constantly like your market will ultimately demand makes it nearly impossible.

If you can only utilize the gear yourself (most profit) from May to September, what makes you think there are others in your area who will be able to utilize it the rest of the year? You are all swimming in the same pond.

A properly configured line array system involves a tremendous expense, not only the speakers and amps, but cable, packaging, rigging, transportation, and a trained staff to implement it. It is not something to jump into thinking you'll learn as you go. The people who really make these system work invest big money in gear and support for the gear. You would probably be better served by a system of traditional style speakers that can be built up into bigger systems or used individually for smaller systems.

Mac

Thomas Le

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »

To simplify Mac's post: if it's just yourself setting this all up and you don't know how to, don't get line arrays. I'd buy more powerful amps in your situation if you're short on cash (was that in USD?)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.