ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Measurement Interfaces  (Read 32556 times)

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
Re: Measurement Interfaces
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2020, 09:31:05 PM »

Looking for something to replace my Tascam US-144 mkII, thinking about the Focusrite Scarlett 2i1 3rd gen.  Does anyone know if Focusrite improved the issues found by Langston with the G2 model?  I'm not especially concerned as my only use for this is measurement at 48kHz, but I don't want spend my "stimulus money" on an unsuitable product.

Anyone have insight?

Honestly, having used the g1 and g2 models and the behringer 404hd models for my measuring setups extensively since Ivan/you/everyone got me into it I MUCH prefer the behringer.

The drivers in Windows 7,8,10 are hundreds of times more stable than the focusrite ones.

If you're using a Mac it's probably a mute point.

But my headaches with the focusrite are too high for me to recommend it (at least for Windows)

That and having 4channels is really nice.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

John L Nobile

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2020, 09:56:14 PM »

Honestly, having used the g1 and g2 models and the behringer 404hd models for my measuring setups extensively since Ivan/you/everyone got me into it I MUCH prefer the behringer.

The drivers in Windows 7,8,10 are hundreds of times more stable than the focusrite ones.

But my headaches with the focusrite are too high for me to recommend it (at least for Windows)

That Behringer looks really good on paper. I've been thinking of retiring my Tascam interface as well. I think it's the Mk 1 but it might be the II . It sounded good but I never liked the setup and it's a bit of a pain to setup in Win 10.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2020, 10:06:46 PM »

Neither the 2 or 4 channel Behringers are in stock, anywhere.  While it's not a 'must have tomorrow' item, sooner is mo' betta.  That's why the Focusrite was where I was heading.  At this point in my career/life, I don't see me making multi-mic measurements often enough to justify buying a Roland Octacapture, nor do I need the level complexity/fuckupability that I've witnessed with its operators... so any higher input count is not necessary.  I guess I'll just keep using the Tascam until it dies.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2020, 09:53:28 AM »

I have a Scarlet 18i8 and need another for the PC Workstation in the home studio.  When I bought it, it just seemed like a more cost effective solution could be found.  Quality is quality and all that - blah blah blah :)

Anyway, looking through this latest series of posts, I just ordered a couple of Behringer's UMC204HD & UMC404HD.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 01:27:13 PM by Steve-White »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2020, 12:21:40 PM »

I have a Scarlet 18i8 and need another for the PC Workstation in the home studio.  When I bought it, it just seemed like a more cost effective solution could be found.  Quality is quality and all that - blah blah blah :)

Anyway, looking through this latest series of posts, I just ordered a couple of Behringer's UMC204HD & UMC404HD.

Tim, Sweetwater has them in stock.

No, they don't.  All of the Behri's show as on backorder at Sweetwater and that's true of every vendor I'd willingly purchase from.  That's why I asked about the Focusrite.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2020, 01:28:13 PM »

No, they don't.  All of the Behri's show as on backorder at Sweetwater and that's true of every vendor I'd willingly purchase from.  That's why I asked about the Focusrite.

No, they don't.  Dang, I didn't notice the back order status.  Oh well, they'll get here when they get here.  :)

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2020, 09:49:53 PM »

Neither the 2 or 4 channel Behringers are in stock, anywhere.  While it's not a 'must have tomorrow' item, sooner is mo' betta.  That's why the Focusrite was where I was heading.  At this point in my career/life, I don't see me making multi-mic measurements often enough to justify buying a Roland Octacapture, nor do I need the level complexity/fuckupability that I've witnessed with its operators... so any higher input count is not necessary.  I guess I'll just keep using the Tascam until it dies.

Too bad, I really like my UMC404HD.

I do have an older G1 Focusrite that I replaced with my RME device that I'll throw on eBay in a bit unless you want it.

Maybe use it until the UMC's are in stock?
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2020, 07:44:30 PM »

I have two brand new in the box Tim if you need them.  Can post USPS priority tomorrow.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2021, 04:48:54 PM »

My trusty Roland Octa-Capture is showing it's age and I'm looking for replacement options.
I would really like to find a interface this time with the following features:

- At least 6 mic inputs (I regularly use 4 measurement mics, sometimes 5)
- Internal PSU
- Usable with Mac/PC (I run both platforms)
- No analog gain pots.

It will only be used for measurement, so SQ isn't important.
Any ideas?

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2021, 05:45:12 PM »

My trusty Roland Octa-Capture is showing it's age and I'm looking for replacement options.
I would really like to find a interface this time with the following features:

- At least 6 mic inputs (I regularly use 4 measurement mics, sometimes 5)
- Internal PSU
- Usable with Mac/PC (I run both platforms)
- No analog gain pots.

It will only be used for measurement, so SQ isn't important.
Any ideas?

Other than the internal PSU, have you taken a look at the Roland Octa-Capture? It checks all the rest of your boxes very nicely.

;D

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2021, 05:45:12 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.