ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are you sticking the DriveRack?  (Read 8781 times)

Rob Bernstein

Re: Where are you sticking the DriveRack?
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 04:25:04 PM »

Rob, their XA 2x6 box would be similar to the 260 in terms of I/O, however, website says not available in North America.

So it would have to be the XP 3x6 box.  XP is great -- I use it as crossover for my coax wedges.   IMO it's all anyone should ever need.

There are few folks on the board here who are Xilica dealers and can give you great deal.

Best,
JR

Thanks John, would love to hear from any Xilica dealers here on the board.
Guess I better book a few more gigs.....

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 10:00:43 PM »

I replaced my 480 with a 4800. Night and day, so comparing the Xilica with 10 year old technology isn't really a comparison. I would expect the Xilica to sound better, because I've used them, and they do sound better than a 480.

And have you noticed the 4820 is now king of the hill? I understand the replacement for the 4800 is supposed to be the do all end all of DSPs. We'll see, but once you're into a $4000 DSP there's no turning back.

But like Tim says, there are others.

Bob, do you have insider info on the replacement? I figured the display went end of life so they just discontinued that SKU. 

With DSP in the amps now days I am using  BSS London's for zoning and house EQ... And to mix in that pesky MC mic so it doesn't need to hit anyone's console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Aleks Barbour

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 09:05:29 PM »

I'm also interested in hearing from Xilica dealers. The XP4080 looks perfect for my needs/budget but given the age are there other similar-quality/price options to consider? Upgrading from a DriveRack PA2 and the input mixing to each output is a major selling point as well as the sound quality.

The software, however, leaves a lot to be desired!

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 12:18:35 PM »

I'm also interested in hearing from Xilica dealers. The XP4080 looks perfect for my needs/budget but given the age are there other similar-quality/price options to consider? Upgrading from a DriveRack PA2 and the input mixing to each output is a major selling point as well as the sound quality.

The software, however, leaves a lot to be desired!
I avoided the Xilica XP a few years ago due to the crappy software and euroblock connectors.  I regret the decision now that my alternate purchase has become unsupported and discontinued (although it works fine for my needs).
Mark McFarlane

Lyle Williams

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 04:21:36 PM »

I haven't used Xilica, but in the powered speaker market it seems like there is a "first generation" of DSP that simply implements crossovers and EQ well, and then a "second generation" of DSP that adds driver correction.

The driver correction anticipates nonlinearities/distortion at high output and attempts to predistort the signal the opposite way to make the whole system more linear overall.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 04:21:36 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.