ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New EV Sub  (Read 15364 times)

Nathan Lehouillier

Re: New EV Sub
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 04:57:14 PM »

Looking forward to hearing this box today at EVs showcase for them today. I'll report back my thoughts

Well!!! Ive been waiting for info. Had My hand on the button to buy 8 of these earlier this year and went
for more Video:(  EV is playing hard ball on Dealer stuff for these so I decided to wait. At the price I saw per box I need to hear them that's a lot of bread for a single none powered 2x 18. HP700's are powered and nice used ones are about the same price.

Nate
Atlas Pro

Brandon Wright

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 09:34:03 PM »

I spent some time in the shop this week with the new sub and the X2, listening and comparing to our existing EV inventory. I have a show with it outside on a racetrack next week where I can really push it, so I will withhold my impressions until then.   

Will Saba

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 05:41:34 PM »

I spent some time in the shop this week with the new sub and the X2, listening and comparing to our existing EV inventory. I have a show with it outside on a racetrack next week where I can really push it, so I will withhold my impressions until then.
How did it do?

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 04:31:47 AM »

With as much competition as there is these days, I wouldn't doubt that they used the half space sensitivity? If that's the case, the numbers would be more realistic at least.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Nick Pires

• Portland, ME
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 02:19:56 PM »

I had a chance to hear these in action with both the X1 and X2. Venue was an old industrial site...open field,very long site (1/2 mile to main gate from stage), good size festival with a variety of acts. Two stages (SL320's). One stage had 12/side X1, the other had 12/side X2. Both stages had 12 center clustered X212-128 (2 high, 6 wide). System was driven by TG7 amps and Netmax front end. Both rigs were setup and deployed by two very qualified and experienced EV system techs.
I was there to hear the sub as much as the X1/2 rigs. I was not disappointed. Both rigs sounded very good, excellent intelligibility over distance, nice consistent voicing from 50' back to 250'+. Beyond that, wind started pushing things around a bit. The subs sounded great. Seemed to have plenty of output and played nice and low. They were smaller than I expected. We own some 700HPs and I think I prefer the sound of EV subs. I couldn't say that one is "better" than the other, just different (though I have not A/B'd them).  While I really liked them and was impressed by them, I don't think there is any magic going on here, nor has EV made any dramatic leaps forward in driver technology.
I hope that helps.
I'm not who I would be, if I wasn't who I am.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 02:19:56 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.