ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LS9 Graphic EQ Issues (Need some Advice)  (Read 3826 times)

Alexander Taylor

LS9 Graphic EQ Issues (Need some Advice)
« on: March 28, 2015, 06:47:51 PM »

Hi to all

I have a small problem with a ls9-16 I'm working with.  Yesterday I was using the effects rack to run graphic eqs on some monitors and foh.  It was working well all day then in the middle of the show,  The settings I had for the graphic eq on racks 1 and 2 both changed to something else that I hadn't set.  I didn't do a recall and no scenes were recalled I'm positive on that one.

So in the break of the show where a host was talking I cleared the graphic using the flat button.  After pressing flat it asks to confirm that you wish to flatten your eq and you press okay.  So obviously it should just then flatten out the eq.  For me what was happening after I had pressed ok, was the eq would then jump to a random setting one that I had not set and one that would be useless for what I was doing. If I then pressed flat again the same thing would happen.  Anyone have any ideas on what this may be ?

Is it something I'm missing in regards to a setting or that I may have knocked on or off by mistake. I had thought maybe a short cut key could have been leant on or pressed in error but when checking out what short cuts I had active.  I only had the help button on one of the short cut keys.

Any help and advice would be great and I'm thankful in advance

Thanks guys

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: LS9 Graphic EQ Issues (Need some Advice)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 12:25:04 AM »

Do you have the graphic assigned to the faders? You can use the channel faders to adjust bands on the graphic.
If you do and the faders are bad, I would think the problem you are experiencing could possibly happen.
The solution is to not use the faders to control the graphic until you get the faders replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 02:36:53 AM »

Anything MIDI connected to the console?
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Alexander Taylor

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 04:21:39 PM »

Do you have the graphic assigned to the faders? You can use the channel faders to adjust bands on the graphic.
If you do and the faders are bad, I would think the problem you are experiencing could possibly happen.
The solution is to not use the faders to control the graphic until you get the faders replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for the reply, 

I was using the faders before this happened all day but when the error was happening I wasn't touching or using the faders and it was still doing this error/fault. 

The faders did not follow what the eq was doing either for example if the eq had dipped out 1k - 6k,  Then the faders would still be at 0 and not make any movment.  I'm guessing its gonna be something simple or that I have a bad faulty console.  Just not sure its very bizarre.

Alexander Taylor

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 04:22:11 PM »

Anything MIDI connected to the console?

Hi thanks for the reply, 

Nothing midi was connected.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 07:38:08 PM »

When you say "no MIDI" you are including Studio Manager? That is to say, SM was not connected, correct? Not that SM would cause the "flat eq" problem you're seeing...

The faders did not follow what the eq was doing either for example if the eq had dipped out 1k - 6k,  Then the faders would still be at 0 and not make any movment.
This is quite telling. I'm expecting bad faders.
2 tests:
1. Try the eq without the faders assigned to it and see if it flattens properly.
2. Try a fader calibration and see if it completes.

I'm leaning towards bad faders.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:40:29 PM by Andrew Broughton »
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Alexander Taylor

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 11:02:19 AM »

When you say "no MIDI" you are including Studio Manager? That is to say, SM was not connected, correct? Not that SM would cause the "flat eq" problem you're seeing...
This is quite telling. I'm expecting bad faders.
2 tests:
1. Try the eq without the faders assigned to it and see if it flattens properly.
2. Try a fader calibration and see if it completes.

I'm leaning towards bad faders.

Hi again yes no midi including studio manager.

Alexander Taylor

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 07:39:41 PM »

Hi again yes no midi including studio manager.

Hi to all, I had done the reboot of the firmware off a usb it started working then stopped almost straight away i re don the firmware again the same day, The mixer is no fully working again its been out on a few jobs and its been fine so far.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 03:17:55 PM »

My first go to would be to run a fader calibration. I can't remember the way to get to it, but I had a couple faders that were " out of line " and after doing the calibration, it fixed my issue. If the calibration doesn't work, I would then back up all the scenes and then re-install the most current firmware. I don't think it's a bad fader, or it would follow the layers. I think there may be a bug in the firmware. Perhaps you have a series of settings that exposes a problem?
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 03:17:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.