ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL's New SRX800 Series Subs - How do they compare?  (Read 51153 times)

Andrew Brubaker

• Reliquis Productions
Re: JBL's New SRX800 Series Subs - How do they compare?
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 05:28:52 PM »

Demo was postponed until this coming week.
I'll see how in depth I can get.

Lee

Have you gotten a chance to demo them yet?

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 06:10:01 PM »

Have you gotten a chance to demo them yet?

Unfortunately the only box that the rep brought in was the two-way, 15".  I have not had the chance to hear anything else yet.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Drew Tronvig

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 04:25:39 AM »

So has anyone seen the SRX818SP yet? The easiest question is probably how it compares acoustically to the PRX618S-XLF, which aside from the DSP and networking looks pretty similar.

Mike Santarelli

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 09:58:02 AM »

So has anyone seen the SRX818SP yet? The easiest question is probably how it compares acoustically to the PRX618S-XLF, which aside from the DSP and networking looks pretty similar.

I was able to listen and compare the srx818 to the qsc kw181 last night but not the PRX.

While the kw181 sounds great, the srx818 was much deeper and fuller.  I think overall volume was close but the jbl was much fuller. 
I've never had a complaint about the w181 for live music use but I am really wanting to get the new srx828sp.  They srx835 and 815 were also incredible.  Much smoother than everything else in that market at the moment. 

I'm curious to see how qsc responds with their next series.

Andrew Brubaker

• Reliquis Productions
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2015, 11:32:07 PM »

I was able to listen and compare the srx818 to the qsc kw181 last night but not the PRX.

While the kw181 sounds great, the srx818 was much deeper and fuller.  I think overall volume was close but the jbl was much fuller. 
I've never had a complaint about the w181 for live music use but I am really wanting to get the new srx828sp.  They srx835 and 815 were also incredible.  Much smoother than everything else in that market at the moment. 

I'm curious to see how qsc responds with their next series.

Were you able to hear the srx828 yet?

Mike Santarelli

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 12:44:30 AM »

Were you able to hear the srx828 yet?

Not yet but I have srx828's on the way.  I should have them this week and I'll report back.  I did get the srx835's and I can without a doubt say that after 4 gigs with them, my kw152's are not in the same league. The 835's also will run away from the  kw181.  I'm hoping I'm as blown away with the subs as I am the mains.

Mike Santarelli

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 08:35:53 PM »

I received one of my srx828's. 

I would 100% recommend going with the 828 over two kw181's if you can transport them.  I just did some small testing in my garage and the srx sounds much cleaner even when pushed.  I think it would take 3 kw181's to equal one Srx828.  The srx hits deeper and has an overall better sound quality.

The 181 is no slouch and I will still use them for small shows.  I can't wait until my other 828 comes. On back order now.

I had to run the 181's nearly flat out to get anywhere close to the 828, and the 828 was as still a good bit louder and could be felt more. 

I will use the 828 live this weekend and report back.  As of now it's a great sounding sub and worth the size vs price of two separate subs IMO.   

I think the srx728 with proper power packs a little more  punch but I'll take trade off of low power consumption and built in amps for the majority of my gigs.  I should be able too compare the 728 and 828 in the next few weeks but it gets tough comparing active and passive gear.

Just wanted to mention I did the test in srx top mode as well as 100hz to be fair to kw181's. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:39:28 PM by Mike Santarelli »

Steve Garris

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 03:29:48 PM »

Mike, are there speaker pole cups on those 828sp's? I'm looking at the images and don't see any, but the description states pole/tripod mounts.

Mike Santarelli

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 07:49:14 PM »

Mike, are there speaker pole cups on those 828sp's? I'm looking at the images and don't see any, but the description states pole/tripod mounts.

No pole mounts.  If there is one recommendation I could make it would be add like cups.  I did stand the sub vertical and put an 835 on top.  It is very stable as long as the ground is flat.  Puts the speaker height decent enough for most gigs.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 08:21:36 PM »

No pole mounts.  If there is one recommendation I could make it would be add like cups.
Pole cups are a VERY INTERESTING situation.

Some people would love to have pole cups, and understand the usefulness.

But others INSIST that if a product has a pole cup on it, they WILL NOT EVEN CONSIDER using it-because to them a pole cup means MI to them.

Both sides are very passionate about their feelings and refuse to see the other side (kind of like politics)

The only way to satisfy both sides is to offer it as an option.

A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 08:21:36 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.