ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Board + X32 Rack - Recall of Scenes - Gig tonight!  (Read 6461 times)

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
X32 Board + X32 Rack - Recall of Scenes - Gig tonight!
« on: March 25, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »

I am sure this is simple and I am just missing something.  Got my X32 rack hooked up to act as a stage box to my mother ship x32 board.  I finally figured out the routing (still slightly confused) but its all working with 1-16 pulling from the rack, and my outputs heading to the rack.  HA controls are good etc.

I have existing scenes for all my bands of course - I am trying to save just strictly the routing for when I use the Rack as a stage box, but then another routing for when I do not use it if that makes sense.

I have spent over an hour out in my shop, and I have to be missing something on how to do it and am pulling my hair out on what should be scene safe etc etc to not affect my existing scenes except to change the routing to pull from the X32 Rack and send the outputs to the rack, and then vice versa, have a scene to set them back to normal.

I have never used snippets BTW, when they added that feature, I just never had a use for it, maybe that is better than a scene for this?

I appreciate the help, still wrapping my head around it but I am sure the routing light bulb will go off, it just seems a little odd how things are labeled when doing this which is a little confusing.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:09:55 PM by Jerome Casinger »

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA

Library, routing tab

Jerome Casinger

Library, routing tab

That doesn't answer much...I know the routing tab, I am talking about saving a scene or something with my two primary routing options so I can toggle between them to ensure it is set up right and I don't mess something up in one of the menus.

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound

That doesn't answer much...I know the routing tab, I am talking about saving a scene or something with my two primary routing options so I can toggle between them to ensure it is set up right and I don't mess something up in one of the menus.

He means (I think) that you don't have to save the entire  "scene"; just the routing preset itself. Without the board in front of me I assume that's : Go to routing tab, select library and save as a preset.   
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Jerome Casinger

He means (I think) that you don't have to save the entire  "scene"; just the routing preset itself. Without the board in front of me I assume that's : Go to routing tab, select library and save as a preset.

Gotcha - I will check that tonight when I get home, that would be an easy solution.

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US

Looking at X32 Edit, it's on the Library page / Routing tab

You can also recall presets by going to the Routing page and pressing the Utility button.  Make sure the recall scope is selected appropriately.

Jerome Casinger

Looking at X32 Edit, it's on the Library page / Routing tab

You can also recall presets by going to the Routing page and pressing the Utility button.  Make sure the recall scope is selected appropriately.

That's what I needed!  I appreciate it, geez haven't been in that tab for a while (had one set up for recording a year ago and not back since).

Thanks again!

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA

That's what I needed!  I appreciate it, geez haven't been in that tab for a while (had one set up for recording a year ago and not back since).

Thanks again!

Jerome -

I generally put the x32 at sidestage and mix from the iPad, but I also have a routing setup for mixing with the x32 rack as a stagebox.  I save 2 scenes for each band (both routing options) and call up whichever is pertinent for the job, rather than change the routing from the library at the gig.  Just my preference...

Cheers,

-Tim T

Jerome Casinger

Jerome -

I generally put the x32 at sidestage and mix from the iPad, but I also have a routing setup for mixing with the x32 rack as a stagebox.  I save 2 scenes for each band (both routing options) and call up whichever is pertinent for the job, rather than change the routing from the library at the gig.  Just my preference...

Cheers,

-Tim T

Tim,

Is there any benefit to doing it this way?  I would have to update both scenes this way with changes made of course, but curious if there is any extra benefit to that method as compared to the routing recall?

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA

Tim,

Is there any benefit to doing it this way?  I would have to update both scenes this way with changes made of course, but curious if there is any extra benefit to that method as compared to the routing recall?

Jerome -

Logically, the routing follows the equipment, not the act, and I would only create a second scene if I use two setups for that band, typically in different venues.  Additionally, when the x32 rack gets used, it is the engine I use to mix monitors.  If you use the x32 rack only as a "dumb" stagebox, I suppose it's a matter of taste & comfort.  Simply changing the routing will save on scene quantity and is certainly not difficult at the gig.

Cheers,

-Tim T

Jerome Casinger

Re: X32 Board + X32 Rack - Recall of Scenes - Gig tonight!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 02:12:45 PM »

I appreciate everyones help, I have spent enough time with it I am finally comfortable and understand the routing.  However,  I have a show tonight, and when I loaded the first scene, and switched the routing, I noticed it isn't right.

If I plug a mic into the stage box  (X32 rack) - I get signal at the board - however if I plug the same mic into the same channel of the board bypassing the rack, it is different head amp - compressors kick in etc.  I have the head amp control of AES50A selected so I thought when I load a scene it would be just like plugging into the board - but it definitely isn't.  Trying to troubleshoot now, anyone have any leads on what is going on?  Do I have to load the scenes onto the X32 rack or something?

Just to clarify, on the X32 Board if I load the scene and watch channel 1, (Scene is loaded to grab from 1-8 Local), then switch the routing to grab from AES50A 1-8, when I switch the HA gains go to Zero.  I verified and I have control HA remotely selected.  So I would think the board would take precedence since a scene was loaded?  Clearly not.  Appreciate any help before it goes in the trailer in an hour.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:25:34 PM by Jerome Casinger »

Jerome Casinger

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 04:50:20 PM »

Just going to close the loop on this since I ended up getting the answer elsewhere encase anyone searches.  BLUF:  Cant be done within the console.  The Head Amps for a Scene are saved only for where they reside and cannot be transferred within the board.  Therefore if you have an existing scene and want to add the x32 rack as a stage box, you cannot copy HA values to the AES50 inputs.

The solution (which I haven't done yet but will this week), is Live Toolbox.  Connects your computer to your X32 and allows you to pull HA values from 8 Channels at a time and copy them onto whatever 8 you want.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 04:50:20 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.