ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QRX 153/75 - 15's are working then not working -  (Read 1815 times)

Patrick Campbell

• Jury's Out Rock Band
QRX 153/75 - 15's are working then not working -
« on: April 07, 2015, 08:03:56 AM »

Hey guys,

I have 4 QRX 153/75's which I love but in the last few months, a 15 in two of the cabinets is intermittent.

When I plug in the cab, the 15 wont work for a minute, then when I push the fade up more.....the 15 comes on for a bit and then stops again.......... These are bi-amped, so I am muting the highs so I can just listen to the 15

I battery tested the 15 and it pops, also swept the 15 and it seems ok when working but I hear some slight noise at 150-180

I am thinking can it really be a situation with both 15's dying at the same time, OR is it possibly a cold solder joint on the back panel that has a green board attached to the backside of the NL4's inputs.

Any experience with these boxes and this problem would be appreciated.

Patrick

Quenton Haynes

Re: QRX 153/75 - 15's are working then not working -
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 11:00:04 AM »

Patrick,
Could be a crossover issue. I had the same thing happen to my boxes. Turned out to the crossover in one of the boxes. I replaced the crossover and this seemed to work.

Quenton

Hey guys,

I have 4 QRX 153/75's which I love but in the last few months, a 15 in two of the cabinets is intermittent.

When I plug in the cab, the 15 wont work for a minute, then when I push the fade up more.....the 15 comes on for a bit and then stops again.......... These are bi-amped, so I am muting the highs so I can just listen to the 15

I battery tested the 15 and it pops, also swept the 15 and it seems ok when working but I hear some slight noise at 150-180

I am thinking can it really be a situation with both 15's dying at the same time, OR is it possibly a cold solder joint on the back panel that has a green board attached to the backside of the NL4's inputs.

Any experience with these boxes and this problem would be appreciated.

Patrick
Quenton Haynes
Event Services of Virginia

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: QRX 153/75 - 15's are working then not working -
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 11:00:04 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.